Hearthstone(again)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alakhami, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Aye, I'd really like to see a decent balance patch to mess with the meta or a a whole 'nother release of cards, tis getting kinda stale atm.

2. Kvothe

Kvothe New Member

Adventure mode and new cards releasing very soon. Scheduled for thie summer.

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

P much this, the game plays out in a month or two, even playing slow as I was.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I ran a top mage shrinekill bg. All you did was wait for your dragon, drop drop spells and auto-win. You just had to survive 9 rounds with all your stalling spells and boardwipe that mage has.

It was deadly efficient, but also boring as heck. Other bgs had the same effect, if you get your style to work out you're probably going to win, if the other guy has better draws to initiate his style first he'll win. The impact of the player ingame (pre-bg building) just felt too small to be satisfied with results or feel like I accomplished something.

5. only

only Active Member

what rank are we talking about?

6. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I don't think you need to climb too high in Hearthstone rank to understand how the meta plays out. there comes a point where its less about the cards (since a high ranked player isn't wanting for cards) and more about being willing to grind through the draw luck. its like poker in that any one hand can be called luck based, but over many hands the better players win more than they lose. I tend to lose interest once I hit that point too so I'm glad the solo dungeon is coming.