Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Hearthstone feels like MtG for casual gamers. Admitted: MtG has it problems. Nontheless, there are not many games that match its complexity.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Yu-Gi-Oh is moderately reliable in the draws and has practically no randomness in effects (except for those idiots running cup of ace) and pretty complex. There's a reason its the most successful trading card game out there. You can also play absolutely every card for free digitally.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed with everything.
    I just hope to see a meta shift when all cards are released. We will see.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

im seeing the nerubian eggs and maexxna (sp) showing up already. the one big change to the meta I think will be that card that makes battlecry units cost 2 more to deploy. I looked over my decks and noticed a LOT of battlecry. not looking forward to that new druid spell either, just makes the end game tree rush easier to pull off.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So I quit HS about 6 months ago.

Is it worth coming back now?

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

For like 6 new cards? Dunno.

I mean log on, do the new thing, log out 15-20 minutes later.

You don't really need to "come back".

7. Pedeguerra

Pretty much what Jib said. The reasons why you quit are probably still there, nothing big happened. You might want to log in to check out the challenges and whatnot, but if you were grinding rank the same old bs is still there, and it will still frustrate you.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Played and beat the first two decks with my pally deck. Both times fairly easily although the second one's ability is pretty OP.

9. Pedeguerra

What is really cool is that you have to make a deck specifically to beat the heroic mode challenges (I will not call them bosses, there are no minions to beat to get there), and building one yourself and coming up with a stratetegy makes it very worthwhile. Im expecting for them to release some kind of prizes for beating the Heroic mode, though.

Edit: aside from the card back, ofc.

10. Ragic

used my paly deck as well. though it was the 2nd boss I had to fight twice.

@Burn the first wing of the 'dungeon' is free so no reason not to try it.
    @Pede I'll be very surprised if they add a reward for beating heroic mode.

11. Ragic

also, this dungeon is a perfect example of how F2P makes money. Because they've been so generous with their f2p model, they have 1000's of players (if not tens of thousands). So when they offer something cheap for cash, theyre going to get tens of thousands of dollars from it. And its still f2p because the cards from the dungeon will eventually be in packs, and you could grind for the gold to buy the wings (though I expect most wont want to wait cuz its really cheap after all).

why cant pox do this? why?

12. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

If you didn't care for HS before, Naxx isn't going to change your mind. If you were just taking a break, this might help you rekindle your interest. Might. I feel like Naxx, especially with these micro-sized wings, was a swing and a miss.

BurnPyro likes this.
  13. Ragic

In my last 8 games ive played 6 warlocks. i'll admit that gets old.

14. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Poison Seeds is interesting, but it seems like it's going to take a death rattle focused deck to really capitalize on it.

15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Because the reason HS has thousands of users is not because of the generous model, but because it's Blizzard.

Boozha likes this.
  16. Pedeguerra

Well, personally what keeps me in HS is the generous models. Still havent spent a dime, have a pretty huge collection playing every hero. I have fun playing, but then again I never got too hardcore mode with it as I did with Pox. Casually speaking, this game rocks (in my opinion, ofc).

17. Ragic

it seems to be best used right now as a pseudo silence, a way to pop eggs or make the spectral spiders better.

18. Ragic

The Blizzard name brought them in, but it isn't what is keeping them in. Yes, HS is far from perfect, but its addicting and there is nothing stopping people from 'playing a couple hours a day' because its fast, fun and free.

Pox might not be able to draw in as big a crowd as HS, but it could work a lot harder to KEEP its players than its doing. Then you find smaller ways to entice money from them. If the old model pox was using was so great then why did it fail? id rather try something new than try the same thing again and hope for a different result. This revamp is fine and all, but business model wise, im not seeing anything new from DoG, and in some ways its worse.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  19. QuantityPewPew

QuantityPewPew New Member

Finally some new cards :rolleyes: It has been waaaaay too long.

20. Pedeguerra

One more wing coming out. I look forward to it, specially cause I will have a new card to play with my favorite Hunter class.