Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

How much free to play or pay to win is hearthstone?

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Humm, is this a trick question?
    Honest answer: no, because frankly you can get all the runes you want once you start cycling Arena runs.
    Realistically, though: a little bit, specially considering all the higher rarity runes (exotic, legendaries) are way above the power level, so you DO want them in your deck.
    I cant really complain because I have never spent money and have almost all runes I want, but I started playing in Beta so theres that.

3. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Thanks for the answer,i might have put it a bit weird,i just wanted to understand the money/free to play aspect of it.

4. Pedeguerra

No problem, man.
    My advice would probably be just dropping some bucks on the adventures (Naxx has a lot of good cards), and go from there.
    But honestly, that wouldnt even be necessary if you really wanted.
    HS rank grind is really, really tough, so unless you want to go hardcore on that, theres no need to drop cash, because Arena is also very cool to play.

5. Pedeguerra

OMG have you guys seen the new cards for Blackrock?
    If I knew how to do that spoiler thing I would, so since I dont Im gonna wait a bit until we further discuss them.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

As if priests needed another 1 mana drop.

7. Pedeguerra

Yeah, but I mean.
    From what Ive gathered so far, these Blackrock cards are the closest we will get for a "themed deck" or whatever in HS, since almost everything there is either "meta" or non existant.
    It sure wont take the place of many meta cards, but it definetely has the potential to shake up the meta with "true themed" decks, which I approve of a lot.
    But I get your point.

Edit: Im itching to call OP on things, give me a minute.

Edit 2: Ok, lets see, on my view, these are the OP ones that can be splashed in any deck:
    Chromaggus: immense value out of the mechanic and out of BGH range;
    Emperor Thaurissan: extreme value, regardless if you have only 1 card in your hand;
    Fireguard Destroyer: so at the very least a 4-6 minion with 1 overload only, who can potentially go higher - yes please;
    Druid of the Flame: 3 mana 2-5? Staple in druid decks forever now.

The other ones will be better suited for themed decks, I think, like that awesome 5 mana dragon for paladins.
    My only concern is that I think they are pushing my favorite class (Hunter) into face mode too much, both cards released are extremely synergistic with Hunters face rush mode, which I personally dislike a lot. But whatevs.

Edit 3: for anyone wondering about the Adventure, a great fan website is Hearthpwn, it has a lot of great info and the forums there are generally much better than the official HS forums.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

dark iron boncer + brawl. 2x imo. wonder what happens if you have 2 out.

edit: nm, 11 total mana = cumbersome

9. Ragic

so the pirates vs ninjas thing. is that just silly talk or is it a reference im not getting?

10. Pedeguerra

I guess its just silly talk, but it might as well be the "theme" for the new expansion, I have no idea.
    Either way, how you guys liking Blackrock? Seems like the standard adventure thing, nothing really new and even the heroic bosses were not that difficult.
    I find it funny that one of the best cards of the whole set (that dwarf emperor) came in the first wing, its like they are saying "buy the adventure now!".
    Still had fun, though.

11. Ragic

as far as I can tell they are saying 'buy the adventure now' because I don't see a gold option anywhere.

12. Pedeguerra

What do you mean, bud?
    I got my adventure with 700 gold, same as before.
    Is that what you meant?

13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

For some reason I find the game somewhat more enjoyable on my phone than sitting at my computer. Sucks that I had to make a new account for this, lost errrthing (which wasn't much to begin with but at least the lv10 grind was done and I had free Naxx stuff).

14. Pedeguerra

Yeah, the thing about HS is that the more you take it causally, the more fun you take from it.
    At least, thats how I perceive it. As I have said a billion times now, I was there since beta and I got everything for gold, 0 money spent.
    I mostly play Arenas, and I never had the will to go full ranked mode on it because its pretty big grind and Im not into that anymore.
    I feel its a fun enough game to keep me going, and since its blizzard and all I can expect fresh content and updates on a regular basis.
    Glad to have you on board Jibs.

15. Pedeguerra

I gotta say, Im rather enjoying BRM expansion. Ive had a real tough time beating some of the bosses on heroic mode, and the cards you receive are not too much powercreeped (Im guessing a couple at the most will need adjustments down the line).
    Once again, Blizzard delivers it. IMO.

16. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Jib's arena adventures so far :

go 4-0 without breaking a sweat. get crushed by 3 druids in a row.

all the time

SaintKiwi likes this.
  17. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Was it the infamous turn 1 yeti?

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Not really, it was just "look at my flexible Bane Shift that answers everything" followed by "look at them stats, oh it has taunt too"

Well that and me not knowing what to play around yet.

19. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Handlock never seems to work as well for me as it does for others. Still love it though.

20. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

How many games must I lose before I stop playing vs Mech/X or monopurpl.dek with my basic cards?

I'm guessing casual isn't the way to go?