Hearthstone players, unite!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Pedeguerra, Jul 21, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

priests tends to Bane Shift on control warrior

mind control (although do people run that?) but mostly entomb as it also adds extra cards for the fatigue

2. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

priest can build such a heavy control deck that it gets a really nice winrate against all *other* control decks. tempered somewhat by priest still being hugely draw reliant. the thing about these really invested priest control lists though is that they get rolled by 90% of things that aren't also full control.

basically it's obnoxious playing against it, but that's not a sign that your deck is bad so much as that's an unfavorable matchup for you

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Exactly.
    Plus, it takes a while to change how to play between changing decks.

4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Might be worth doing that until you get away from so many Priest decks... but then switch back to Control once you've done so.

Alternatively, it can be a very good learning experience to keep plugging away even if the match-up is relatively poor.

You might be able to learn things about your deck and how you can use cards that you wouldn't figure out within other matchups.

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Oh it's not just the priest decks. I am at something like 30 plays now with that particular win rate. Which is not like completely horrible but is clearly an indicator that something is wrong with either my play or the deck.

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

my experience with control warrior v tempo warrior is that the meta's still too fast to allow control warrior a consistent winrate. even if you get through the early game, it's decently likely you're really low on cards and stop being able to answer whatever the other guy's doing without topdecking like crazy.

90% of the reason tempo's felt better for me is the battle rage-> refill hand thing. haven't gotten around to trying this newfangled dragon Bane Shift

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  7. doubtofbuddha

I got to 5 with Dragon last time (and some shaman.) My win rate was not amazing, but I think that is because I tried to grind it out too much in a single day. I suspect with sufficient rest and spread out more it would have been much better.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Control warrior is also boring as Firk.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

no u ):

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, I play control warrior. But the games are hella long and you're just a fat turtle.

Easier to climb faster with faster paced bgs

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that's a given, though. faster games means faster elo, either way. you can win, lose, and win again with a lot of rushy decks before a ctrl warrior game is over

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You're thinking of Mal'Ganis.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

*Rank*
    Depends on the win-ratio. If you only win one game out of three with a fast deck but win two out of three with a slow deck... probably better off with the slow deck.

Also depends on whether or not you're tying to get past rank 5 (where there are no win-streak bonuses).

Certainly, if you're confident you'll win most anyway (or at least have an equal win/loss ratio to your slower decks), a faster deck will get you those stars faster, just like a faster team comp in LoL or DotA would get you to climb faster. And that's generally fairly reasonable at the lower ranks (and undoubtedly a large part of why that demographic complains about "aggro" the most).

14. Pedeguerra

So 500 druid wins achieved.
    Highest rank: 8.
    It was a blast playing Yogg, but I've come to the conclusion that he wins you games as much as he looses you some, good for completing missions but not ranked grind.
    Therefore, picked up Mid Range Shaman.
    Was rank 12. Finished the run at 8 and looking good. This deck is a beast.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

16. doubtofbuddha

Duelyst is life. Duelyst is love.

17. Pedeguerra

Just cruising with the deck. Rank 5. It's amazing the power gap between the decks I've played this season (druid and shaman).

Ugh

18. doubtofbuddha

Haha! Don't like duelyst?

19. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Faeria is open this weekend and it's pretty great. Despite the name, there are no faeries in the game, but it has gameplay that's between pox and duelyst (hex grid, persistent resources + fonts). The art is nice as well. Definitely worth a look.

20. doubtofbuddha

Each faction has a fairy.