Hekatian BG

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by PharumM, Mar 17, 2014.

1. PharumM

PharumM Member

I would like your help on making a bok / hekatina bg
    linek bg is just idea need a lot of adjustment and as mainly ST player i dont know ud spells so well so i ask for your help adjusting it for me
    http://www.poxbase.com/#!/deck/cuOc3BcpqciOc60CfNCg2Cknc7GckMC99cuPs8fsAs2z

it doesint need to be budgeted bg

there is only one champion that isint going to change :D and its a grimlic :d i love this dude

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. Plaguedmind

Plaguedmind New Member

I'd say Purefire, retribution, fading recollection, maddening echoes are all good places to start.

3. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Since you're "basically an ST player" I will quickly mention that strig/bok makes for an amusing split.

RedScarlet likes this.
  5. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

I don't really get the Skitter or the Librarian, personally. I'd rather double up on DEP than run Librarian, and Skitter I've just never liked.

For spells, I'd suggest this: Avenging-Avenging-Sac-Sac-Ret-Echoes-Purefire-FR. Maybe Demo, but since you're running Borg you don't really have room.

It looks like you're going for a combined Bok/Fire Volatility build. I think if you're gonna include FV you should go all the way with it, but that's just me. :) I haven't found much success in "splashing" it into other themes.

I've been out of it a few months - is Mandate a general include in UD now? I like the spell of course, but it's expensive and rather situational. Just curious to hear other assessments.

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I like Mandate for suprise damage and a rare case of UD healing.

7. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Mandate: Generally worth it. If you just need the extra damage, BotS is cheaper and you end up wasting 15 nora. But if you benefit from the healing, or really need to take down a hero, then 15 nora for 25 healing, a permanent stat boost of 3 dmg/1 def, and a the ability to one-round pretty much any hero is a pretty good deal. On balance, it's probably the extra 15 nora for the added flexibility over BotS.

PS: Welcome back. Your original guide was very instructive for UD. Thanks for writing it.

8. Raikan

Your bg is very expensive champion wise, especially considering you don't have much nora generation (i.e. favor and blood pact and 1 sacrifice). Compare your bg against one that has essence capture/call to arm champs (sheoul demon, deep elf fanatic), soul harvester (imp vixen), soul channeling (soul thirster), or nora miner (scorched dwarfs). That's important since on many maps you can only get 60 nora per turn (1 font, avatar) and on larger maps with more fonts, you'll be hard pressed to cap/defend fonts given the slow deploy rate of our bg. So I'd try to find some way to reduce the nora cost of your champs.

Some options: 2x Nefari Firesling ==> 2x Bok Raiders (+ it's more in theme); 2x Bok Mistress ==> 2x Goblin Archer (against theme, but you're very vulnerable to a magic resist/eater champ). With both of those champs, you reduce your nora cost by about 15 nora per champ for 4 champions. I'd also add a 2nd sacrifice; grab a 2nd DEP, and then use minotaur sentries as a cheap detect/contestor, replacing librarian.

PS: Btw, thank you....Mercer Skye (I think) for pointing out the importance of internal nora gen to average rune/champ cost to map size/font number.

RedScarlet likes this.
  9. PharumM

PharumM Member

My deck wasint very thought throue hence this thread
    i thank all of you for insight and nice idea :D of spliting stig and bok ^^ i will give it a go
    i gues tonight i'll present new deck ^^

10. RainElf

RainElf The King of Potatoes

Nobody put Hecatian Blood draught. This rune is amazing on Blood guard, Magus and Succubi. Yes it gives short lived, so enemy will not kill your champ because its a waste. But if you shatter it short lived goes away. For 15 nora (refund) its worth it.
    [​IMG]

11. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Well here something you rarely seen played o_O:eek:

12. PharumM

PharumM Member

creating this bg is hardcore ud isint big on range champions and i kind of used to that :/ but hey i finaly understand :D reason for mindslicer obelisk :D

13. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

Bok Guardians. Please try it out. Nuff said.

(fought Bok Hekatian Bgs 4x after Voidraker came out. lost twice, won twice. Lost twice because of Bok Guardian too thick and too cheap)

P.S I'm not so sure why everyone likes Hekatian Arbiter despite she looks cool. She's just so weak. I'd be more troubled when my opponent deploys Succubus/Guardian/Mistress to stall my font.

14. PharumM

PharumM Member

to be honest i think that arbiter lacks in so many ways but he is themed bo insta locked
    about guardian its being used so rarerly i dont know

15. PharumM

PharumM Member

16. TheNidhogg

17. PharumM

PharumM Member

i know that it will be hardcore to play this expesively

i like your bg better :p

18. Raikan

19. TheNidhogg

Well, it's better in multiples, super cheap and an all around great rune. Also great since he wanted to run Magus which is Fire dmg.