Hekatian Vanquisher - Tank / AP punishment + Bloodseeker

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by allyorbase, Jun 12, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Hekatian Vanquisher
    Underdepths
    Race: Demon
    Class: Knight

Flavor text:

"Hoppers struggle so much... their blood ends up everywhere, utterly wasted. You must wear them down before you open them up..."

Appearance:
    A hulking Bok champion in black plate armor spattered with swaths of dried and fresh blood. She wields a massive greatsword as both a weapon and as a makeshift shield when defending. Her face is obscured by a heavy close helm with the Underdepths insignia forming the bar on her visor.

Gist:
    A full-on tank with decent damage output. She chases units and removes their AP -- punishing those who have none severely. She can take a real beating, but when Bloodseeker isn't active, her SPD is a hindrance. She is intended to be a relatively cheap Bok addition to the bleed theme.

DMG: 8
    DEF: 2
    SPD: 5
    RNG: 1-2
    HP: 45

Attack: Physical
    Bloodseeker
    Flight
    Punish
    Vanquish

This champion deals 50% additional damage (rounded down) to champions with 0 AP on basic attacks.

Upgrades:
    Set 1:
    Widowmaker (-2 nora)
    Bleed (default)
    Set 2:
    Stat Bonus: Defense 2 (-2 nora)
    Bold (default)
    Thirst for Battle (+4 nora)​

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Entrepidus and Woffleet like this.
  2. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

really cool idea! What is the nora cost of this rune? rang 1-2 isn't needed. Bloodseeker + UDs insane damage potential means she'll be able to hunt down almost any champion.

3. allyorbase

Really not sure on cost, especially since upgrades are going to be a more varied but precise factor soon. I am going for cheap -- which, for Bok, means around 75 nora. 5 base SPD is big downside, especially if you can't trigger Bloodseeker early. Her base DMG is also mediocre, even with faction bonus. She really, really wants Bloodseeker and Vanquisher to be triggering. When they aren't, then she's just a wall of meat with lots of damage mitigation.

If you take Bold and/or Widowmaker as an upgrade, her price shoots up (I'm predicting), so if you really want to pay 80+ nora for (yet another) expensive Hekatian, then you will get an even heftier wall of meat and/or free attacks against weakened foes from the deal, at least.

4. allyorbase

Since I found the nora costs of abilities, I've re-balanced the unit accordingly. She was all wrong, before; should be set, now.

Woffleet likes this.
  5. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

really like it great idea

6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Punish + Vanquish seems powerful if you get to doubletap.
    Maybe Punishing Aura instead?

Though I guess 5 speed would probably balance it pretty well.

allyorbase and Woffleet like this.
  7. allyorbase

Yep. She was 6 SPD initially, and then I realized the combo potential was too easy-mode. She can still double-tap, but it's going to be something your foe can predict much of the time, so it will come down to planning and support.