Hello Fellow ST Bros (BG Help)

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by ptjimbo, Dec 28, 2014.

1. ptjimbo

ptjimbo I need me some PIE!

Hello fellow forum-goers. I have recently started playing this game once again, just finished building my first ST bg and I came here looking for some criticism and some tips, etc.

Picture:
    First ST BG.jpg

Link:
    http://poxbase.com/deck/c5kca1CpdC1JCwfC3wC4jcy_Cp1S7@s19S+S2Ls3US13sNr14rwrIe2P

This is what I am currently rolling with. Just a frost themed bg.

--------------------
    Got dem Icesnaps and Shamans, plus an Ice Shard for that frost amp.
    Shamans for dat Icesnap discount, and I also use them for the inspire.
    The Ice Casters and Jakei Elder for next level damage.
    Snow Charges for some nice sturdy beef to protect le squishies.
    Freeze Bug Keeper because you gotta have at least one pimp in your bg. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Got all the spells I think I need.
    This is usually where I mess up and where my bg falls apart, in my opinion, but I am sure you all are having an aneurysm looking at my bg at this point. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But yeah, continuing on.
    I like having the +1 damage while on snow or ice so I got that glacier engine.
    And I chose Keeneye crown so I can snipe with caster, or just make elder hit from further away because why not.
    -----------------

Now, I am almost 100%, probably sitting at about ~95%, that this bg is probably not as optimal as it probably can be. I can throw excuses for that, broke, poxbox seems barren compared to when I last played, etc. Been looking to maybe try and save up for some extinguishers, but yeah, this is why I have come to the forum, for guidance from fellow Pox-brothers.

Or do I spam galeforce until I win? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Goyo likes this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'll start with the spells/relics/equips. In my opinion, this should be the standard S/R/E for ST BGs: http://poxbase.com/deck/s7@s19s7bS2LS13sNs4Vr3dr1_rwrIe2P

Swap is an AMAZING(ly OP) spell. Also, Frigid Barrier amped up does 21 damage to a font. Some players like Zeya tend to use Frigid Barries + Gale Force, but that seems really expensive unless you're killing multiple champs + keeping your opponent out of the font.

One Blizzard Cloak is enough, and I don't really like the Ice Engine thing; it's not my style.

I haven't played Frost since prevamp, so I'll have to look into the champs more, but you should definitely include x2 Jakei Owl Raiders.

3. ptjimbo

@Covah Alright, awesome. I got everything except for swap, which I will be on the look out for.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I would remove the Snowchargers for the Owl Raiders. Consider removing the Ice Casters for Jakei Shardmasters.

5. ptjimbo

Hm~ I will test out the difference between Shardmasters and Casters.

6. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

The halberd of jthir is amazing,because it counters block/dodge/elusive/nokhan do/blinded/blizzard cloak/zephry.If you can find room in your bg,i would include one.

7. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

8. ptjimbo

Okay, went over everything brought up here. Once I can get to a computer I shall make something up and go test running it. Thank you gentlemen.