Help Improve this game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valriel, Nov 1, 2015.

?

What do you think this game should improve before being apt for a good marketing?

1. tutorials and better font on wordings.

40.7%
  2. chat: it's not so friendly.

40.7%
  3. gameplay pvp: animations are slow and slow my gameplay (default time is too short)

25.9%
  4. gameplay: where is the cancel button for actions?

11.1%
  5. engine: it's just old, not retro feelig, but old.

37.0%
  6. engine: it's almost impossible to run the game on steam.

11.1%
  7. engine: it's easier to manage the battlegrounds on the website than ingame.

25.9%
  8. Others.

37.0%
  9. unable to play nonranked 2v2

14.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Valriel

Valriel Well-Known Member

***EDIT: by chat being not friendly it means the interface. the community is very good and friendly.

So, this is my story:
    I started to play this game a few months ago, I told a friend to give it a try, I liked it, he didn't.
    I tried to keep playing but it has this feeling of loneliness... I left the game too, but a week ago I decided to give it one more try, I had to read the forums, check all manuals, etc, etc and then I discovered there was a community.

tl;dr: The game is not friendly for new players.

As me, there will be lots of players that will want to play this game and then leave it.
    Please give your opinion, but try to think as new players, game balance is something for more experienced players, lets focus on the first impressions

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

The main problem with Pox is the chat room, so unfriendly.

themacca likes this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I hardly doubt this is the main problem. Whenever I see a noobie ask a question it's usually answered pretty fast. I think the real problem lies in the amount of time it takes to climb out of the noob status.

The combat log isn't as helpful as it should be. Some abilities have funny wording. Also there's a Bane Shift ton of abilities for them to remember.

Let's say the average person plays for 3 months. Chances are if they are playing casually and aren't spending money, they will still suck.

4. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I hope you knew I was joking... o_O

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Nope it seemed like you were serious. I've seen a few complaints about the community being unfriendly which I disagree.

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

RIP
    POXNORA
    2006-2015
    This game is going to be forever dead what it needs is Pox 2.0

Pattn199 likes this.
  7. Valriel

Valriel Well-Known Member

by the chat being unfriendly I mean the interface, it's not easy to reply, get more channels, combat chat is closed as soon as the game ends, etc.

8. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

from a basic tutorial , to a clumsy ai , into the shark tank...not much on info along the way so you better do your homework, no sense of progression, or any goal aside from "git gud" :)
    pox is a nice game,, but it is an investment in time and $$$$, just to be mediocre. ...
    until pox gives players something to shoot for, it will always feel "lonely"

9. Jayaris

Jayaris The King of Potatoes

I'd agree with this. The interface seems even more clunky than I remember. There're too many elements. The sound effects are frankly a little janky. It might have even been better during the Skeezick Rebellion.

10. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

Not to mention hoveeimg over some abilities, buffs, and debuffs give these as the descriptions "???!?" Illuminated being on I know for sure, (the debuff"

poinl likes this.
  11. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

It'd be nice if new players had more info about connecting to the community. Getting them into guilds and on the forums would help a bit, I think.

Anima26, Ifem21 and kalasle like this.
  12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The biggest barrier to entry for every new player I meet is figuring out how to submit an application to PA.

Iskandak, Elves Rule, Anima26 and 2 others like this.
  13. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Better IA

14. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

An IA difficult selection would be really nice. Not the -normal, legendary- stuff, some like AI: 1 (easy) to 10 (insane), and without cliff deploys, pls.

15. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

But free runes!