Help on Draksar deck

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by rockintrol, Dec 22, 2014.

1. rockintrol

rockintrol The King of Potatoes

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Needs more drak marine.
    Also, psion.

SPiEkY likes this.
  3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Not sure about dreadnaught or clud (maybe I'm just missing something though)

4. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Yeah Dread is a definite cut. You could get away with running 1x of Guard and Doc as well but whatever. I'd replace the 2x Interrogator with 2x of the new hotness (Spellsword or Doomsayer). Definitely include 2x Paradigm and 2x Psion. Too good to pass up. 2x Centurion seems a bit much as well. It goes without saying that you should get a 2nd Pope but worst case scenario, you could always jam a Wyrmpriest in there (LOL I KNOOOOW).

I get you were going for the full on Bulwark 2xCoW lol gg but Call's been nerfed kinda hard. Running one might still be ok but 2 is definitely overkill. Could drop one and run a 2nd CV instead. The rest looks fine.

Goyo likes this.
  5. Sealer0

I wouldn't play wyrmpriest, it's just an inferior pope with anti summon on 3 round cd. I also found that in many games that I played and won, interrogator was a key rune, so I def. wouldn't remove it. Strip armour counters many cheese ass strategies, and is a good abillity (lumbering every turn) on it's own. Also, drive is one of the few ap gen options we have. I would probably replace centurions with spellsword, or 1 spellsword 1 doomsayer.

6. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

That was my whole point. You can't really clinch it with just one source of Sermon, Wyrm is the worst (and I do mean worst) case scenario.

7. Sealer0

Yeah, I kind of figured but wanted to underline that wyrmpriest is just suck. I was really trying hard to use him, and sometimes it even worked (when sermon was somewhat important), but at the end of the day I found myself wishing I had pope. I might pull him out of the draksar deck and try it with something actually useful instead, or try another off-the-beat rune, like bookburner, chameleon or forerunner.

By the way, check out draksar footman. You might not think of him much at first because of low stats, but bravery is greatly undercosted, and block increases his effective hp in many scenarioes, or even forces the enemy to work around/use spells on him.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Marauders can be really strong. Firebomb triggers violent off every unit hit. Big fan of that champ, even if he isn't auto. With AC 3, three attacks gives a bomb, a mutation, and a spare charge. The fourth attack gives another bomb. He's almost like Owl Raider - except with -1 speed and no flying; almost.

Sealer0 and Goyo like this.
  9. Sealer0

The only reason he isn't auto is that he needs to attack twice (or get have a doc on him) to use any of his abillities. When he gets rolling, he's actually a strong unit, too bad the enemy often enough has answers for autoattacking 6 speed beaters.

10. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Does anyone have thoughts on Serpentor Ardent? Why is it said to be so bad? Is it overcosted, the most common issue with a bad rune; or is Fear on a durable unit considered unnecessary?

11. Sealer0

He lacks offence and has two defensive abillities, he is also more expensive then what he brings to the table is worth.

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

It's another melee 80ish 6spd 50hp low dmg phisical champ with the overpriced regen taking a path and the unnesesary Fear taking the other. Devs lowered his damage to only 8 as if Heart Strike was better than Sand Striker or any dot.. The poor guy took a beating with the revamp, there are other 80ish melee champs better at that role in SL

He is a legendary that brings nothing better nor fun nor even different than several other commons, and it has a bad design and overpriced abilities. If you have one just keep it, maybe some day it will get adressed.

The only things good on him are his Art and Sprite

Sealer0 likes this.
  13. sharang2

I see. I thought Heart Strike was pretty good; it doesn't even need you to do damage to proc as long as it isn't a miss. I also thought that Violent was better on more durable champions as opposed to a more squishy champion. Still, at the end of the day, he's 15 more nora than a Spellsword.

Edit - His cheapest build is Fear 1 + Regen 1 @ 78 nora. That 8 damage really just doesn't help the Life Siphon :\

14. Kampel

Yup.. bad design.

15. Sealer0

Life Siphon is what, 12 nora sandbag on him?

16. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

10 according to poxbase, with heart strike being another 4 nora

17. Sealer0

Heart strike is not a sandbag, it's just a weird ass damage boost. Life siphon + heart strike makes no sense at all.

Goyo and sharang2 like this.
  18. sharang2

Agreed. Heart Strike provides a nice, difficult to prevent source of "damage", although as life loss I don't know if it works with Violence; and it definitely does not work with Life Siphon.

Serpentor Ardent, base stats - 46 nora, 8Dam/6Spd/1Rng/2Def/51 hp.
    w/ Violence (+5 nora): 51N
    w/ Heart Strike (+4N): 54N
    w/ Defiant (+8N): 62N
    w/ Regen 2 (+6N): 68N
    w/ Fear 2 (+5N): 73N.
    w/ Life Siphon (+10N): 83N

Every step in this path is pretty sensible with that exception, and I would play a sub-70N Draksar with some combination of defiant/heart strike/fear. Without Life Siphon, it's pretty much totally playable as a 73 nora life-loss phys tank.

19. Sealer0

Fun fact: Fury is 6 nora and violent is 5n.

Strong racials are strong.

Goyo likes this.
  20. Kampel

And what if we move from a phis tank FOR ONCE and do something fun with this creature...? i know this is SL but if every time that we pick a champ to get reworked we ask for a 6spd phisical tank..

Imo remove violent, remove defiant, remove Regen, remove life siphon, remove Fear and THINK SOMETHING ORIGINAL, YOU DEVSS