Help on Draksar deck

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by rockintrol, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

There are no devs here.

By the way, last I checked draksars didn't have many tanks, unless you want to count draksar knight in (lol). In fact, most draksars have a good hp pool and apart from that almost no defences/abillities. The only exception is persecutor and lord, persecutor being kind of okaish, and lord being somewhere between decent and good (after the changes). Ardent with defiant/regen/heart strike at base wouldn't be too bad if upgrades were changed, and even stupid fear could be in there. Both defiant and heart strike are quite rare abillities so they could serve as some kind of novelty, and having a more dedicated tank would be nice.

sharang2 likes this.
  2. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Heart Strike is indeed a sandbag.

It is functionally a dot. But it is categorically worse than any other dot out there. It doesn't process until the end of the next turn. This means that it happens at roughly the same time that the second tick of a traditional dot. So based purely on damage done it's roughly equivalent to any rank 1 dot. That rank 1 dot will at least do 3 damage prior to cleansing, whereas heart strike can be cleansed before anything at all is done. Heart strike also does not provide any handy little debuff like the bulk of dots have.

Sealer0 likes this.
  3. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Huh. That is true; I hadn't thought of it like that. On the other hand, it IS loss of life, and I like the design of putting Heart Strike on a tank with Defiant that will live through the crack back; and if someone isn't paying attention there's a chance they could even trigger Rock Eater.

It is functionally a bad dot, but it still has some interesting implications on Ardent and the Defiant and Heart Strike abilities have a lot of novelty for Draksar and SL in general; and I would rather see Life Siphon replaced than Heart Strike.

Finally, it is kind of a problem that the tanks in Draksar are exo Lord, legendary Ardent, and legendary Blackscale Centurion. Has anyone given Draksar Legionnaire a try?

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

If it is indeed loss of life, then I would consider it better than rank 1 rend.

Which does not really mean much anyway.

Legionnaire is not a tank per se, just makes your dudes tankier with nexus aura/command block. He is bad against ranged heavy decks (most good decks) and good vs melee - if you have a couple dudes out.

Very hit or miss rune, for me.

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Yes it is LoLife but doesnt counter "perseverance" so it being "Loss of Life" could be sandbaging the ability itself

6. michael pietrzak

michael pietrzak The King of Potatoes

NEEDS MORE DRAKSAR LORD

7. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Not really