Help with BG.

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by Kraska, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Kraska

Kraska Member

Hi everyone,

As a dwarf who is venturing into the Tundra, I've created my first ST BG. There are a couple changes I'm thinking of already, but these are the runes I have. I don't have a specific theme, but there's some beast synergy as well as a little frost amp. Overall, just wanted to hit all of the bases. Any suggestions?

I can't get my hands on too many of the expensive exotics, but if there's one or two additional heroes or exotics that you think would be very helpful, I can save up. Also, I'm not feeling the Shardmaster...however, it's what I have in there currently. Finally, there seem to be a lot of 2x2's. Are there other alternatives that would be better?

Thanks!

Here is the bg in Poxbase.

2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Wellcome to the Tundra little one :)

Arcadon - Works nice on every deck, and it's upgrades are versatile. Most of the times you want him cheap.
    Ancestor - She rocks. Equip her with L'usara's Staff and cast a few spells.
    Ice Dragon - Not very interesting. Hoarfrost Dragon (common) and Icesnap (exotic) are way better options.
    Patrol - Nice utility unit.
    Queen - Utilize her only when you are engaged and need range backup. As first deploys she's terrible.
    Maiden - Very useful and pretty, but not as effective as we would want her to be.
    Owl Raider - 11/10
    Shaman - Very useful, recently buffed. In this setup she's a pseudo healer / damage support with free frost amp. Try Lonx Adepts (cheap rare) to enhance frost amplification and have another magical damage option.
    Shardmaster - Squishy. Weak as first deploys and without support.
    Snowcharger - Good for now, you can replace him later.
    Wingmaster - Big, fat and 8 atk. Patrol is allways a better option for detection.
    Luminary - Great support unit, you can go 2x with him, very versatile.
    Recruiter - Get another, they bring a lot of cheap meat to the field, and boost them up for free. Also get 2x Lonx Beast Tamers and 2x Arctic Tigers , they rock on a beast deck.
    Striker - Only useful on a full theme deck (either frost amp or lonx). Drop them. Others says otherwise.

Drop Deep Freeze and add Cleansing Storm. Everything else is ok but Frostbite, try another champion.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  3. Kraska

Kraska Member

Thanks for the feedback. Here are some specific questions based on your recommendations:

Thanks again!

4. Hiyashi

Hiyashi I need me some PIE!

Strike / Power Attack 1 Build goes for 66 nora and does well in every deck. How can you dislike a 11 dmg 1-4 range
    unit that comes with ampable damage?

Ancestors are OK and you can run two of them if you want.
    Ice Dragon is a bit crappy but OK if you really like it, I guess? Otherwise the already mentioned things would be better.
    I wouldn't run Shardmasters, but if you are on a budget they are not the worst thing in the world.
    Wingmaster is sorta crappy and I wouldn't recommend her.

Most possible additions were already mentioned by Goyo. All I could possibly add to the suggestion list are Crystal Howlers, which can be OK at times and Cloak of Ice / Keeneye Crown for the Equipment department.
    And if you find that you want to spend some more on ST you should start with Juya, she's incredibly cheap for the "power" that she provides.

I'd run something like this if I were new to ST: Beast/Frost Hybrid
    I included a Banner over a second Ancestor since their PB value isn't that far apart and the banner would likely be overall more helpful for any ST deck than the Ancestor would be.

5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Do I want 2x Ancestor?
    Only if you plan to bust em up with spells or you make use of her 7SPD +Ready on Arctic.

I have a Hoarfrost Dragon, but just don't like the look of it, which is why I went with Ice Dragon. I mainly am looking for the frost cone action. Maybe I'll save up for Icesnap.
    Run Frost Wolf instead :). Beast + Cone + 2x2 Coordination Tower.

Is Shardmaster worth keeping in BG? What are the most effective and cost-efficient range options?
    Beast BG doesn't use much range, but Frost BG does a lot. The main range on the second is Cones, Ancestors and Jakei Elder (cheap exotic from core set) you should try them.

I was thinking that Battlemaster might be useful. Should I drop her?
    Once you get Azaren the exotic hero, Battlemaster is already filled. Wingmaster is too expensive for what it brings to the table.

It didn't work well for me outside themes. It didn't fill any role.

6. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Then u did something wrong... :p

Striker is great, 1-4 range is the best range in the game, its damage is above average and it ignores def!

KingJad likes this.
  7. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Seems like I got to retry them.