help with pb pricing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Jul 1, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Yes in deed i am publicly asking for help. At first because I simply don't have enough time to do the pricing very well and have pb up and running quickly but after I gave it some thought I really think crowd sourcing such a task is great in multiple ways. One of the reasons is that people that help get a better understanding of the revamp of which now seems to be a lot misunderstandings because of size of the changes.

Anyway those who want to help out, send a message to me on poxbox.net with your so I can add you to the spreadsheet. I want this sent on poxbox so I am sure to have a verified poxaccount so in case someone wants to be funny ;)

I seriously hope for some great helpers!!

Woffleet, Shimaru, iPox and 1 other person like this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Help this man, I want my LE Grandmaster.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I've sent you a message, let's see if I can help.

4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Falconer needs is worth 28 angels.

Trust me I majored in math and econami.

5. decondor

Yep, I am doing a shameful bump of my own thread as I really need some more help ^^

Woffleet and iPox like this.
  6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Why don't you just open with shardable runes?
    Imo it's impossible to price legs now, for example atm strig warlock would be prerevamp bloodguard level and venger — prerevamp ghern level, but anytime it may change.

decondor likes this.
  7. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Whilst it pains me to say it, don't open PB yet. As Logan said, the runes are being completely overhauled, and can change every few days. I would give it a while for the dust to settle.

8. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can I ask how do you plan this to work? We send a list, or vote on a poll or something?

9. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

I think in this case decondor knows that PoxBox si a big part of the game now, and not opening could actually hurt its development (and his customers) for the future more than waiting and making sure he has the right prices.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would automate the process. First, flag every rune as Untraded. Make it so obvious that anyone looking at the rune list will instantly know a rune is untraded.

Second, set every rune at the top of the old price range for that rarity, +10%. For example, if rares peaked at 20000 points before, price all rares at 22000. Then have that price automatically decrease until the rune is traded for.

Once a rune is traded, remove the untraded flag, and have the price adjustment go back to your previous method.

Doing it this way will allow you to reopen earlier, which will make users happy. I also feel this will give you the most accurate representation of the current market. Sure there is a chance that someone will be desperate to get a specific rune and pay more than what the market will bear, but you could consider a 2 or 3 trade threshold to remove the untraded tag if that is a concern.

11. decondor

I have a google spreadsheet I give people access to they can edit their own idea of prices next to those of others. I ask everyone to keep themselves to a set of rules due to the forge and hope that the avarage of all these idea's have about the same total value of all runes as before.

PS good advice from LoganMkv, it was suprisingly easy (took me less than 30 mins at work) to alter the query and listen to a 'banlist' of runes. I can now quickly remove all rares, from expansion X, a single runes, from a certain amount of stock of with atleast x amount of stock from faction Y from the store. So I plan on opening with just core-set commons and add more from there.

12. Morfeas

This sounds very interesting.

13. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Probably it's just too early to have any look at rune pricing. Imho, the revamp is still a (long) work in progress...

For what is worth, a good starting point could be the ratio used in the rune forge, then adjust on avaiability of your shop. LE/LEG costed three time an EXO (they can't be forged yet, but lost a lot of their former power).

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  14. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

Just price everything according to rarity and expansion set

Morfeas likes this.
  15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

16. Morfeas

Thank you very much, I was wondering what this format was called (economics major) but was too shy to ask. Never heard of it before :/

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Some local car dealerships do that with used cars they're trying to get rid of. Occasionally they'll do it with no reserve.

18. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

Decondor, I have a question: For those who want to help, on the tab "Claim your name here" we insert our poxnora name or our poxbox name in case its different? Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  19. decondor

It can be anyone, just to identify you and keep it apart from others.

20. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

okay, thank you