Here Be Goblins...

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fentum, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov Been playing a full Goblin BG and having a lot of fun. They're not really competitive but even in a friendly game, there are a couple of things they could do with. The biggest gap is detection of some sort. Here are a few rune ideas. I used Poxbase so some figures may be wrong. First time doing this so please be gentle...

GOBLIN SNEAKTHIEF (new champion) edited post Badgerale's comments

Why? Goblins need a source of detection. He is also a little faster than most Goblins.
    Concept: a very sneaky little goblin that is a pesky bugger and difficult to kill.
    Image: a typically sneaky goblin, stealing a sword from a paladin's belt scabbard, just as he reaches for it whilst faced with a Goblin Brute.
    Fluff: 'NOW taste the tempered steel of Dragon's Bite! Dragon's Bite? Dra...'

Faction: UD
    Race: Goblin
    Class: Rogue
    Size: 1x1

Dam: 9
    Spd: 7
    Range: 1
    Def: 1
    HP: 39

Base cost is 47 cf Slipworm with the same stats.

Base Abils (total 14)
    Attack Physical (0)
    Detection 3 (4)
    Pilfer (10)

U1: Shadowspawn / Escape / Stealth (5 / 6 / 8)
    U2: Evasive 1 / Combat Awareness / Goblin Thievery (3 / 8 / 10)

CHITTA-CHAK, GOBLIN SPIDER KING (new Hero champion)

Why? Even Goblins need Heroes! Boost a full Goblin deck and give some alt damage and Goblin trickery. Combo's well with both Goblins and Spiders.
    Concept: the king of the Goblins, who has been 'gifted' a spider torso by K'lzik. As a 'reward'.
    Image: a goblin spider centaur with staff held high in one hand, magical ray beaming onto a zombie. Other hand gesturing three other goblins forward to attack.
    Fluff: 'K'Lzik bestowed upon Chitta-Chak her finest gift. He didn't argue. Well, eight legs ARE better than two...'

Faction: UD
    Race: Goblin, Arthropod
    Class: Rogue, Wizard
    Size: 1x1

Dam: 11
    Spd: 6
    Range: 3-5
    Def: 1
    HP: 45

Base cost is 55 cf Dwarven Magister with the same stats.

Base Abils (total 11)
    Attack Magical (0)
    Hero (0)
    Creep & Crawl (4)
    Boost (7)

U1: Regen 2 / Multiattack 1 / Absorb (5 / 8 / 8)
    U2: Goblin Master Thief / One With Nora (12 / 12)

GOBLIN MASTER THIEF (new ability)
    Gain a random ability that is not a basic attack from target opposing champion within 3 spaces. Friendly Goblins within 6 spaces also gain that ability. This ability does not break stealth.
    CD 5 AP 4 Nora Cost 12

This is the same effect as Goblin Thievery but does not disappear once used. Rather, it has a cooldown. Still random though!

BREE YARK! (new spell)
    All currently deployed friendly Goblins gain Loyalty for three turns. Nora Cost 40

Why? Supports full Goblin decks
    Image: A horde of Goblins going mental!
    Fluff: BREE YARK!

BREE YARK! (Tweaked post input)
    Each friendly goblin within AOE 5 gains, at random, +1 dam, +1 range, +1 speed, or +1 def. 30 Nora

Hey, watch this
    (New spell)
    Each friendly goblin within AOE 5 gains, at random, a rank of multiattack, regeneration, or tough . 30 Nora

Tingling Tiara

Equipped Goblin gains Detection 3, Combat Awareness and Skirmisher.
    30 Nora

'Working for the big K, pretty soon you get a spider sense.' Chitta-Chak, Goblin Spider King.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
    Scarebear likes this.
  2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Given goblin sneakthiefs flavour he should have pilfer on base, and perhaps some other ability that aids him in his pilfering.

It would be cool if the goblin spell had a random element to it, like:

all goblins within AoE 5 gain one of the following abilities at random...

Fentum likes this.
  3. Fentum

Agreed ref sneak thief. Really, he should be a scout type and change the flavour, but I liked that flavour! Edited to incorporate your feedback. Moved pilfer to base and combat awareness to U2. Added evasive 1 to U2 for cheaper option. Also removing stealth from base and adding to U1. Gives a cheap build at 69 and top build at 79.

Random abilities for the spell is a good shout. Generically useful stuff such as a rank of multiattack, regen, tough. Or perhaps random stats....

BREE YARK!
    Each friendly goblin within AOE 5 gains, at random, +1 dam, +1 range, +1 speed, or +1 def. 30 Nora

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  4. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

The Bad: One with nora seems really out of place. Its just a strong ability seems u just threw it on there for that reason. The spell seems really weak and bland.
    The Good: Your hero idea is interesting. I have my own rune ideas about a ranged spider unit, but yours fits 2 themes so i think its quite cool. The equipment is also interesting. People never liked combat awareness on equipment, but it has skirmisher so its kind of worth it. My only worry is its also a little bland. Combat awareness is amazing but situational. And things that don't have a specific purpose tend not to be played.

Fentum likes this.
  5. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like the idea of the hero allot. A range spider would be awesome. I however do not like the idea of a half goblin half spider!! Its to much!!! Having master goblin thievery should be an ability on any goblin hero but shouldn't it be base!?!? Also the idea of a goblin with detection is nice. Gobo's need it!! Keep coming up with idea's!! I sadly must say though i am impartial to demons in UD and am not a fan of gobo's or mino's.

Fentum likes this.
  6. Fentum

Thanks for all the feedback.

The thievery or one with Nora was me thinking that the king might have been a kaiser or a stickyfingers / collector before he assassinated the previous king... So kept some element of previous life.

I'll keep thinking!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

How about something like:

Bree Yark! (though not sure how using lore from other games will go down from a DoG point of view)
    Nora 30
    All goblins in play gain one of the following abilities at random: Combat awarenss, vulnerability: physical, preperation, pounce 3, lethargic, ready, nora miner 2, vulnerability: magical.

Fentum likes this.
  8. EnigmaXIII

Thats SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO random. And so many different abilities xD.

U know what i was thinking? Since goblins are all about gaining abilities maybe we could have them gain something like spare parts. Some spell that grants them bestow or something would be really cool.

Fentum and Lupefi2 like this.
  9. Fentum

I like the random stuff but I think I'd prefer all positive but low level benefits rather than a wide variation across good and bad.

Also...kudos for noting the reference. ;). Thirty years or so ago, I remember my mates and I all shouting 'Bree Yark!' Then being slaughtered by goblins in a 10' pit. Even our 10' pole didn't help.

10. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

hmmmm....yeah once i saw the thievery thing i was really interested in making a goblin BG...but was set up for disappointment when i saw it is removed after use..having a spell or equipment that does the same thing might sustain the goblins in longer games

11. Fentum

Yup. Goblin Master Thief does just that. Also note the Stickyfingers' ability.

12. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Remember that basic attacks now cost 2 nora.
    Liked the ideas. I want to suggest a Goblin too:

Goblin Instructor:
    -Art: an old Goblin, fragille, using a cane. Pointing to other Goblins, teaching them.
    -Flavor: "No you fool, this way he gonna catch you", Adegg, Goblin Instructor.

Atk: 7
    Rng: 1
    Dfs: 0
    Spd: 6
    HP: 40

Attack: Physical
    Grant: Evasive
    Thievery Teaching(range 5, AoE 2): friendly goblins in affected area without Goblin Thievery, gains this ability. (CD:5; AP: 3).

U1: Heal 2
    Cleanse
    U2: Enduring Aura
    Boost

He is a "Passive" Goblin, that support the squishy Goblins to stay Alive with U1, and buffing them with U2.
    His signature make goblins re-use their racial, dont know how strong this can be, so not putted the nora cost.

badgerale and Fentum like this.
  13. Fentum

I like the idea of him, and in particular his 'goblin' bits, but I wouldn't expect Heal and Cleanse on a UD champ.

Ifem21 and badgerale like this.
  14. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

OH DAYUM...the teachings..holy..he'll be a great support unit

Ifem21 likes this.
  15. Ifem21

Yeah, I putted them in there cause it fits his support role, and I don't know what more to put. Since his signature is really powerfull, I don't want to put something expensive on him.
    Hell yah!! He will be the theme to go into an great direction.

Fentum likes this.
  16. Fentum

Maybe swap for grant: reflexes? Or cleansing flame?

Ifem21 likes this.
  17. Ifem21

Cleansing Flame and Grant:Reflex seens nice, actually.

18. EnigmaXIII

Grant reflexes sucks, actually

19. Ifem21

So, everyone would get Cleansing Flame instead :D

Fentum likes this.
  20. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Been awhile since I have checked in on pox and finding a goblin thread I cannot resist....

Sneakthief is a great concept. Goblins have a problem of not surviving long enough to reach the fight and your idea will fill that niche nicely. Stealth + CA, oh the hilarity.

Liking king expcept the one with nora. Another ranged champ in gobs would certainly be appreciated.

Spells with random stuff going on. Sign me up!

Not fond of the equip though. Gobs don't need detection (superiority works great in theme) and CA on demand could be a problem.

Fentum likes this.