Hero

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarth, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Why is Hero a cost reduction at all?

Hero: -15 nora

This unit can not be Reanimated. This unit has Iron Will. If this unit is deployed in a non-draft game while in a split-faction battlegroup, it is destroyed.

It gives you Iron will, a 2 nora ability, while not letting you be reanimated and restricting it to FF. Why is FF considered a negative here? Normal runes don't pay for their ability to be played in splits do they? SPlit runes don't have an ability that costs nora allowing the, 2 ff bgs to be in, let alone a split one do they?

Why, cant the ability simply be 0 nora and we actually pay for what we get with these runes?

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

yea but to what? -10? I just do not understand the reasoning at all for a cost reduction for this. Its a discussion, just to hear what people think it should cost to be a hero.

3. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

because fw misses serkan, ever so much.

4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Where has Serkan gone? I haven't seen him played much at all. It may be a stupid question. However I don't pay much attention to FW anyway. ;)

5. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

Because all the world leaders (Vex, Serkan, etc) are missing. They went to a faraway isolated land called Japox where the fabled Ronin expansion is held captive. Expect new legendary rarity versions of Heroes in the next expansion boxes such as Vex, Broodmother Returned and so on.

That's how it works in mtg right? :p

OriginalG1 likes this.
  6. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Oddly enough, Split Hero is only -10.
    Restricting to splits only AND not allowing more than one hero period feels more restrictive than "play ALL the undercosted heroes."

I would love to play Mufasa and Quetzalcoatl in the same beast battlegroup, but alas, it is not to be.

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Klub will get to like 80 nora if hero abillity gets changed. That's not bad.

Im not entirely convinced I would pay 110 nora for valdac, or xulos/serkan for that matter.

120 nora for menalaus, because we're shitting nora anyway.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

New insights right here