Heroes in splits?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nepyonisdead, May 12, 2017.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Didnt it say in first reply a new limit of 2 heroes per bg? But I dont like it, i like factions, not this circus split bg thing that's so hard to keep balanced.
    And please fix so that split heroes must follow both factions, not just one of them :p

2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

We wouldn't even see themes ever again.

It will probably be implemented because of the arguments on this forum.

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

He said he was considering either 1 of each hero, or a cap on heroes (say 2) but you can run multiples of each hero.

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

He did say removing the ff limitation on the cactuar crate

5. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Please let me play my boy Jek in FF. Please. Pretty please.

6. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I really like this way of approaching Heroes. It restricts the gameplay a bit having Heroes with 'Gift/Sabotage' abilities, but it plays heavily into deck building, deploys and, turn by turn gameplay which I think is really fun for deck building overall. As for running multiple heroes idt it will be such a big problem. The way Sok has put it, Heroes may gain their potential by Gift/Sabotage/Bestow? and so there can be a clause that only so many units may have said gifts.

G'hern General would be a good Hero candidate, but also his banner for how Heroes get treated, they all have some kind of Sustain or Banner ability. These would allow for stronger abilities to be applied on any given character while being easy to code for "no more than X Hero Banners may be active on the field". The problem of how many units with those kind of abilities in a deck can be solved with limiting how many of those ability effects may actually exist at any given time.

Do Hero Banners become active in the entirety of the map or in just Font zones? That's another question to juggle if they don't become only Gift/Sabotage abilities (keep those for the pawns so to speak?) which I still like the idea of, I'm just suggesting Sustain/Banner abilities because they exist and I always like those kind of mechanics. Ancient's Corruption was another mechanic I like for Heroes, perhaps give that Mechanic to Titans?

Just assuming that all Legendary runes (potentially some EX/R) will get a look at for this treatment. I like the complexity that can be worked in with these archetypes (Champion/Hero/Titan/etc.) for how expansive Pox is already.

7. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

this is a completely and f@cking dumb idea.
    i don't get how this is the best yall can come up.
    seriously.
    seriously.
    you guys.
    have all the time in the world.
    and out of all the possible ideas you could come up with.
    you come up with these kind of lazy ass ideas that take no effort no thinking involved.
    you could atleast come up with some ways to CHANGE how the Firking game is played CREATIVELY.
    yet instead you choose the easy path.
    you just choose to remove ANY Firking identity or theme all just so you can have some fckin broken combos and get runes nerfed for NO GOOD REASON.
    so what if timothy is now available to zombies?
    what else did you accomplish?
    now you have Firking grimlic in factions he shouldn't be in.
    you have moragen in split decks she shouldn't be in.
    all your doing is breaking the game and getting stuff nerfed and you know it.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Hierokliff and Braxzee like this.
  8. aseryen

@free20play I agree Identity is a problem, the runes get the short end of the stick when it comes to development since DOGs has to identify away from SOE which made sure they left their mark on the game. There would be no lore, rhyme or reason, to have splits in a FF or vice versa, the issue is we have to see Poxnora the way DOGs sees it, a three year old child they adopted, which is actually 10 years old but hasn't started any schooling and so acts like a 3yo.

Let's all breath and just note that a lot of what is happening is due to the funding SONY provided which realistically brought Pox several years ahead of any kind of schedule they could have planned for (nobody was paying into the game) effectively resurrecting the game. Idt it will be any time soon Heroes get changed, but if they do...I'm assuming we will be scrapping some lore and revising other parts to make sense of those changes, otherwise Poxnora's future is a fluster cluck as you kind of put it.

@Sokolov speculation is all good and dandy but eventually players do need something tangible to hold and read. I'm talking about lore, which should take precedent in designing runes for a little bit. SOE did a very good job at making a rune creation machine out of Poxnora, give me some dice and a list of approved abilities and I can make more than 2700 unique champion runes for you guys to make...the community deserves some unique lore that the Devs are going to hold themselves to. At least have a community driven lore contest @Senshu

nepyonisdead likes this.
  9. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

Heh yeah like Serkan and Xulos really do need the healing powers and protection spells from IS , KF and FS. Why stop there? throw in a medal of valor just to make sure they have enough health. Poor poor Max he will not need any of his demon buddies to move he will just teleport to your shrine or font thanks to his wizard of the ways friend who can teleport himself then relocate max and then max could teleport himself or marry him up with cheap real champs from FW.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This seems a bit of an overreaction to something that was just a discussion item. No one has chosen any path.

The general idea though is to soften the restrictios on Heroes (more specifically the original discussion was regarding Split Heroes) and introducing a softer limitation than destroy on deploy. For example, if the Hero ability buffed runes that shared a faction or debuffs runes that don't share a faction.

11. Braxzee

That would be an easy trade off. You do not split a champ for FF synergy any ways. If you split out Serkan, Vinny, Juya, MAX who cares if the do not grant buffs to some of your champs and who cares if they debuff some of your champs or runes. Plus it would just add way more programming and cause more bugs to happen. Then the player confusion could ensue as well when it comes to what is balanced or not.

On split heroes they should be able to go into their own FF with out self-destructing but get a bonus when they are split into their correct factions. Example Jek - Gets Regal presence when a ST and KF champ is on the board.

Then there is also the flavor and character depth of the whole thing. Heroes of UD factions helping FW factions and vice versa is just bad. On that note there are certain heroes champs that should split. Timothy comes to mind but should only be playable in FW or FS.

An idea to add to the lore of POX you could come up with the Nemesis for certain heroes. Padawans that went bad. These Anti-Heroes have some aspect of abilities of the Hero they have a Nemesis to. Just a thought

12. Sokolov

If Serkan came into play and gave non-FW runes +20 nora cost, you wouldn't care?

13. Sokolov

I think this is only because you got used to it being that way rather than it somehow being specific to a Hero character. There is not really a good lore reason why Mena wouldn't be receptive to joining an ST expedition somewhere if he feels it helps KF in some way, etc.

Still, I understand and accept people's feelings towards FF heroes - which is why again this is simply a discussion on the entire concept as a whole - which isn't even specifically related to FF Heroes.

The idea, as I said, began from a discussion made by PLAYERS on wanting to run Split Heroes in FF, which also then, naturally segwayed into whether FF Heroes can be run in Splits as well. In additional, some OTHER way of making Heroes more interesting and feel like leaders was also desired, as well as removing the poor implementation of Split Hero killing themselves in FF decks (which is bad for new players especially).

It's not something I am dictating, it's not something going into the next patch, it's not even coded in ANY way. I don't understand why everyone is so focused on a tiny aspect of this entire discussion to the detriment of EVERYTHING else in the discussion.

aseryen likes this.
  14. aseryen

Distichous Hero abilities is what I'm reading, and I only say Distichous cause of the clause @Braxzee siggested which is familiar to say the least. I'm not opposed to the idea of controlling the buff(s) on a deploy basis it has been the norm for abilities lately.

15. aseryen

@Sokolov about the SplitsHeroes killing themselves, do they still do this with the AI still? I'll make a bug post if they do just so it's there.

If there not going to be a change to Heroes anytime soon maybe that can get slotted in for them at least, there are also a couple runes that can use some more attention as to when they're deployed as well so it's not just Heroes that need the AI attention.

16. aseryen

Kind of sucks, fix how heroes are deployed now only to have those fixes be removed because heroes get redesigned.

Man that would drive me mad knowing all the work I'm doing now and for the next few months won't even exist in 6months to a year...

17. Sokolov

If "it might be buggy" is a reason not to do something, then maybe we should just stop working on the game? :)

Also, why doesn't "it would add way more programming and bugs" to apply to your idea below?

18. Braxzee

Probably not due to you would deploy him mid or late game. IF it was +20 added to each rune before he deploys then it would be a huge cost for that would be a 300 nora hike in total on the other 15 non fw runes.

19. Braxzee

yeah good point :p

20. Braxzee

Shhhhh I am on your side ;)