Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Because they are for different themes.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  2. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Didn't know question was for you but then it is a forum.

3. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

in this case each faction needs only 1 hero, and you would be able to customize to whatever you like. no thanks.
    And as KingJad said: each hero would be different so you would have different options. If you could modify them even more it would just make people play the strongest options, and no variety ensues. Like a lot of play FW atm, little variety, much op.

4. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

I think that the limit is a great idea. all of the times that I have had a real issue it has been the spamming of them. It makes it more special because although I still get a surge of excitement everytime i slam grimy down I want that for everyone. I also think that by limiting them the problems of their point deductions reduces (not completely) but i think it would be less of a problem, yes you can have a discounted monster but only one of them...

5. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

If the Heroes are formatted properly, one per battlegroup would work. If the Heroes are not, some will never be used and other over-used. For example, for IS Dwarves you have Euan and Talgar. Euan would be the main choice for Paladins (Consecration) where Talgar would be the choice for others. You could slightly change these two (upgrade paths) to make them even more desirable in different themes. This would open the door for DOG to add more Heroes, such as Troll, Engineer, Construct, Wings, etc.

6. mortal ix

mortal ix I need me some PIE!

Regarding Vex, maybe martyr would be a suitable ability for her. Imho it fits both thematically and playerwise, how I think she was intended. A really good support backliner.

just my 2 cents

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I think making heroes more thematic would be cool, but i don't think they should be made to 1 per bg. If we make the heroes more thematic chances are they won't be ran as much x2 in bg's. Example could be k'lzik she can be used with other heroes but isn't as good outside of spiders i'd like to see more theme heroes like her.

8. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

One hero per battlegroup sounds nice.

Djangoguy likes this.
  9. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

Implying a 18 dmg, multi 2, life siphon, free spider spawning snowball champ for around high 80 isn't bad.

1 hero per group would be fair. That way you don't have double standards such as Gekaal/Kartch, or Euan/Talgar, No the ST tripple beast combo wombo.

Even if you make them more thematic, people will still run them cause you can't have a hero be bad. Heroes are suppose to be good, and support their theme.

10. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Have you ever seen FW Heroes?! :oops:

11. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

You can't, doesn't mean they haven't.

You forget my child, Serkan, Xulos and Morg ran as the FW meta kings/queens for almost 4 years straight.

I know. I played FW meta when it was expensive and broken.

12. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

They should be good. Split has the limit of one per BG, so yeah, others should be as well. I understand the SL Dragons might be the toughest to split up, though. I can't imagine a dragon battlegroup without the main heroes. That's why I like running them from time to time, Vex, Valdac, Vindrax (I think of Akakios as a hero, but he is not)

Djangoguy likes this.
  13. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Exactly man you said it yourself "support their theme" if we made heroes more thematic they would be used in less games. Let me know who is running k'lzik outside of spiders in limited or even exo.

Poor poor akakios so bad now.

14. Dumpraiser

Dumpraiser The King of Potatoes

Havnt read everything in this thread, just wanna say i like the 1 hero per battlegroup idea.

15. nynevening

nynevening Member

And please... make Ash runable. I want to steal stuff...

16. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Ash is runnable, he comes with two other champs, ffs.

17. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I would have to agree that Ash is runnable but it would be nice if he could be played FF or if UD had an actual archer theme. He is that hero the archer theme longs to have but is paired with the most anti-range faction. Talk about a kick in the nuts. If you dont have UD harbs, there is no point making an archer theme around him. Then it is just another boring good-stuff split deck that everyone hates to face :/

18. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Point being UD provides the melee that a full archer deck would generally lack. There is synergy due to both factions being perfectly capable of making use of elves. So in reality, I don't think Ash is lacking.

Probably not the very best like no one ever was, but he fits.

SPiEkY and Djangoguy like this.
  19. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

You're forgetting that Ash is a rogue too, do you know what faction have the most rogues on the game? Because I don't.

20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Just eyeballing it on Poxbase, UD has the most.

https://poxbase.com/class/11