Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is pretty early, but the next patch will come with update/adjustments to Heroes (and Split Heroes). Note: Current plan, subject to change depending on time

This thread is intended to be mostly information gathering on how people feel about various Heroes and who needs more attention etc.

We will also hit Hero equipment at the same time. I suspect that most will turn into theme equipment that will still benefit the Hero somewhat due to most Heroes being part of a theme.

Please keep this thread to discussion of Heroes and Split Heroes, and their equipment.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Gonna go with nerfs.
    Can IS and SP heroes finaly get nerfed?
    Also zombie plague on ranged champion is broken,timothy needs to have zombie plague removed.
    Garin with that massive range aoe attack as well as stealth and CA needs to be looked at.
    Also Juya.

3. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Magnus the fallen has no purpose. He is a paladin and dark paladins aren't a thing anymore... also human decks aren't a thing. Also no hammer throw so paralytic synergy isn't a thing anymore.

- He just trollz as a "perceived" threat. I understand he was super-champ deck bait...but surely we can find some reason or deck for him to exist in without him being back to gimmick fodder.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Etherielin, GameJack, mw24 and 2 others like this.
  4. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

sok bring the sexy back
    [​IMG]

5. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I never quite understood why Kartch was tankier than pretty much all the melee heroes (except the IS dudes, Firk those guys)

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Will likely be crucified but Bastion should be a Warrior, not a Paladin.

7. busaap

busaap New Member

I demand a jelly and snaptooth hero

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would like to see Serkan lose 2 damage, gain 1 speed, lose cripple and draining aura on base, lose frost cones on upgrade path 2, and have debilitate, cripple, and weary replace them.

Vendetta I also think needs a look, it seems to be included in many FW BGs, even when Serkan or other liches aren't present, as Vengeful works with Race Undead.

Uruboz, Etherielin, Tarathil and 2 others like this.
  9. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I would love to see vex finally become a not gimmick and her equip be made not terrible.

Etherielin, mw24, JellyBerry and 4 others like this.
  10. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I would love to see all heroes become theme centered and limited to 1 per battle group.

KF Heroes
    Bliss - Centaur theme hero. Ability set 1 - Add Pathfinding (Change pathfinding to work off race of unit) Ability set 2 - Add Camaraderie
    Fiorn - Garu Hero - Ability Set 2 - Add Command Dodge or something to help give Garu more defense against ranged attacks. Alt damage would also be nice
    Menalaus - I would like to see him focused as a Magic Amp Hero - Ability set 2 - Grant: Attack Magic and remove Immunity magic from base
    Covenant - This equipment grants Blessed and Immunity Magic (yes ghost would need to be changed but I am sure hoping it gets changed) If placed on Menalaus Magic Damage is amplified by 20% (I don't care about Grimlic of K'thir since he is impossible to get)
    Ash - I just want a way to play split heroes FF. He would be amazing as the Archer Hero but really needs to be FF not to be a tease.
    Murder - could be something to help out UD in some way if Ash was more K'thir focused

Just some random thoughts

Also I play Lonx and of the two ST Heroes that are lonx, I would much rather have Tracker Gnark be the Lonx theme focused hero. Since he is a tracker, give him detection or grant detection or those snowcats he spawns, give them detection. Also just make his upgrades focused on lonx and not focused on EVERYTHING...

Thanks for your time Sok and for always reaching out to the community.

Gnomes likes this.
  11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Valdac's "Valdac's soul", lol. that ability has almost everything wrong.. The demigod part, the discount part, the cd part(whats the point on redeploying valdac again and again..).. the healing and magic attack would seem nice but the triggering makes no sense.

Any redeploying-help for a 100+ nora champ is a sandbagg ability. Same uselessness as having inmortal on Vex like prerevamp's version.

Valdac: support healing/cleansing/meatspam
    Vindrax: front line beater/tank/bomber
    Vex: I would like her to stop being a melee champ and fill other role without overlaping the other 2 heros.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Gnomes and mw24 like this.
  12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

For the love of God, don't buff Gnark. He's perfectly playable, good even; most ST players don't know what they're talking about.

13. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Remake Ash. I have been saying many times. His Robin Hood theme is not well constructed. Please fix Marauder (This unit has Grant Banditry (Target champion within 2 spaces gains Banditry for 1 turn. AP 3, CD 2) and Cooperation).

14. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

Ummm, I am going to have to say no to your ZP advice for Timothy. That is his central ability.

chickenpox2 likes this.
  15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

The equipment refunds should ALL just go, completely. It's the laziest type of design.

All of the equips that have this type of clause should be altered. Many can be changed to be more theme-based, as you mentioned, but please for god's sake no "this rune refunds X nora for each Y race champion you have in play." Don't want to trade one evil for another.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Would it take much to code so an equip can only be used on a certain race?

17. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

The problem is not zombie plague on ranged but the fact that it spawns full hp champs.

18. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Can we make split champs playable in FF? Maybe give them a light debuff or something if you do this. I am a FF FW player and I always wanted a reason to try Magnus or Timothy the Vile

Petr Kristof and mw24 like this.
  19. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Yes finallly!! my precious Moragen is coming back and Xulos too, time to rule poxanthuru all over again!

mw24 likes this.
  20. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

pls don't do that,
    if he is lich master let him to be them master bring surge back (can be on upgrade) and he must get 7 spd again
    Cripple can be drop from base

mw24 likes this.