Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

That's why I suggested moving it to upgrades.

Kampel likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

We all want Vex changed but what is it with SL players that ask for the same abilities that are actually too abundant on the faction?
    i mean, bombs? what about movement crontol like force barrier, or stall or bounce or knockback?
    Why not something wild like a Blasphemian Blows(grants faithless to champ hit and the square it occupied becomes sealed ground),
    what if we focused her on a theme asking new abilities? for example mutants that are the champs with the slowest building speed on SL and could use some help staying alive, we could ask Vex to have Mutate, Mutate:Adaptation(perma add "Adaptation" or somth), Mutate: Camouflage(gives eva 1 and a random camouflage ability or smth), all three base or mixed with the upgrades to make her interesting?
    If we are being given the oportunity to change heart of gnash we could even move her AWAY from AMP bgs, she will never work there...

How far do you think we can take her if she had absolutely no combat abilities and no basic attack? how do you imagine a CC 2x2 Hero worth +100 nora with no attack to be?

"Divine Wellspring" could become that ability that heals champs within 6 spaces for 2 turns worth of their regeneration rank, just THERE with that only ability her synergy with the faction grows a billion times

Dhamun likes this.
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

You are right sry, i got confused with the last sentens

4. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

So I am kind of lost. Is this thread simply here to find suggestions on changes to heroes without any major change to the hero system or are heroes going to be moving in a new direction, such as theme enablers or some new mechanic? If this is just simply a buff thread for heroes and FF heroes will still be running around with 3 in every deck once they get buffed, I am not seeing how this is a good thing....

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I personally don't care for heroes. They should only be allowed in theme decks and only be good with help of their theme/race, for simply if you buff something it's insta meta and ruins the unique value of said rune, for instance Kartch is just.....good. He has no roots in any theme besides poison 3 which is the DoT for FS and is just overall a meta rune that can fit into any bg if need be, same with gekaal and Slick.

On my own note, I would love to see(after fixing these heroes) a 4th hero drop in each faction that has really cool story behind it and is backed with a super hype expansion. I haven't had any expansion hype since Maljarian because frankly....we don't hype anymore. We get spoilers but there is no hype nor any cool lore. Sortav just wandering.....that's what I love about Magic the Gathering. Super in depth lore that is vast but if you don't care for that, the game is just as cool. That's what I wish we had, instead we get random texts and have to davinci code the damn story together.

KingJad likes this.
  6. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

I personally can go off this story they are going with now or make up a new one that would be super cool too, and I would love to write for the pox people for FREE as I have stated in the past so that way lore fanatics such as myself have something to do. Cause right now....meh

sassquatch likes this.
  7. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Yeah, they need lucky, and to stand back for a few turns. One more unit with surge will not help, since the chance of drawning it is to low to make some difference.

8. learnedone

learnedone Well-Known Member

I just really don't understand why we would ask the community for suggestions to heros? With the exception to Valdac because he makes no sense at all and Maxxerax may have a problem post relocate nerf. Other then that, heros are in an OK place. Good luck pulling unbiased information from this thread

9. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Bumping this

Also @Sokolov Are you looking for just exisiting ability changes or are you looking for possible editing of the existing abilities?

10. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

A dwarf in full plate armor with 7 SPD and multiattack and Initiative.... OMG he is the faster Hero champion ever seen.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would like heroes to have builds that allow them to work within multiple themes, like Kiergana does.

12. LuckyClucky

LuckyClucky The King of Potatoes

cool, i've waited for hero equipment to be touched ever since timmy's equip was tweaked, split heroes in mind i'd like to see spirit of the mountain get changed and hero equips in general to give no refunds

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  13. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Suggestion for Spike:
    35 nora
    Equipped Cyclops gain a rank of Tough and Tactician
    in this way it will be an useful equip for an entire thene and would give also a bit of tankiness to a race that has only 1 champ with tough (and they are all big!! and btw still thinking that clops need a racial ability)
    on the hero side: Klub should be more focused on being a tank without a big dmg output, Dirge works fine in moga and should remain un that way,Sceian works good in voil and too good outside them,an ability that links him more to the Voil theme will be great but removing warcry will be too much and he will end up as a regular Joe with no special skillset.
    The idea of heroes as theme enabler seems cool(Dirge for moga and slags,Klub for Clops and Nids) but I don't think is doable,maybe an hero for each race will be better.

just my 2 cents

Tarathil and Hekwit like this.
  14. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I just laughed.

You do know he brings a 3 defense 71 health Tusk with him, right?

15. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

make him cheaper by removing pet :D

16. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dirge as support for slag theme is just a temporary solution.. until we get real slag hero... hmm... maybe ancient slag needs rework and becomes a hero ?
    Any ideas for abilities? Surge slag and ooze tap for sure.. what else ? deploy: sludge pool/cast: slag slop maybe ??

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Why not Grant: Ooze Tap.

18. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Please don't lump Dirge in with Slags. He's got a great home in moga, he just needs to be toned down a bit so he's not auto in goodstuff.

Etherielin, Tarathil and PhdNiceGuy like this.
  19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Not every theme needs a hero. You don't need a hero for a viable theme.

Etherielin, JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  20. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

This feels too conservative for Spike. I'm not sure I would run that at 35 nora. I like tactician and it does help Clops here and there, but I wouldn't miss it much if it disappeared from the game. The range of the ability is short and it doesn't extend the 'reach' of the champs you have out since it doesn't affect ranged champs. I feel like it lets me do something useful that I couldn't otherwise have done maybe once every 5 games or something.

I don't have a better idea though. Outside of having Spike give teleport, which makes no sense, Clops' positioning problems are largely intractable as long as all the 1x1 Clops are bad/mediocre.

I support the idea of reworking Klub. He's good now but he's more of a 2-rune hero than any other hero in the game. You certainly don't need Talgar's equip for Talgar to be a beast, and Juya is good without hers. Klub is fine without his, but hard to find a role for. He kinda does the same stuff Symbiot does (CC, decent damage output, tanking) but Symbiot does all three of those things as well or better if Klub doesn't have Spike. Sooooo yeah, I feel like we need to figure out what Klub's role is within meta bgs, within Clops bgs, and within whatever else he's supposed to support and revamp him a bit.

We could make him a 1x1 :/