Heroes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

Moragen the Lost
    Race: Undead, Zombie, Class: Bard
    Nora Cost: 75

Champion Stats
    DAM: 10, SPD: 6, RNG: 1-3, DEF: 1, HP: 48

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Sonic
    Deafening Aura
    Siren Song
    Boon of the Undead
    Hero

Upgrade Ability Set #1
    Dread
    Frightful Aura 3 *base*
    Unspeakable

Upgrade Ability Set #2
    Zombie Herder
    Hex 3 *base*
    Battle Hymn

That's what I have suggested on FW forums, thoughts?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Straight through my heart

Sok shot me

I just can't believe it

3. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

I'm not particularly fond of making the chillshard only help frost damage mainly bc it's really good in psychic amp right now

4. Psilokibes

Psilokibes Devotee of the Blood Owl

Could be posible an Equipment for Grimlic?

Something like the Crown of Menalaus (Dont remember the name) with any kind of buff or comander demon or something nice ^_^.

5. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

atm sok is currently working on removing all hero equipment and redesigning to just benefit the class. Example: Gekaals equip

6. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Jek the Silver General - I know asking for him to be a Ranger would be odd since he is setup to be a Warrior. However could he get some Ranger synergy? ST & KF both have a nice set of rangers and getting a ranger split theme would be awesome! However having a warrior lead a Ranger theme is kind of odd....

Just a thought

7. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

In general I would love to have more heroes in game cuz they are cool and they are very connected with lore of the game.And when you deploy them there is a certain wow factor with them , same as dragon or titan but more playable ;)
    I would suggest to make them even stronger but when they die there should be a negative side like - 50 hp to shrines or -20 hp to all unites , cuz they are leaders of the faction and loss of one should have huge impaction the the faction capability to fight without them.Same conclusion should come out that faction should fight better with a leader.
    But buff in what way ? Add unique win mechanic that can work only with that hero in play

8. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

How about when a hero is on the field your other units get a morale boost (maybe +1 speed), but when they die your units are demoralized for 2 turns (-1 speed)? Just a thought expanding on @Indijanac idea.

pixniri likes this.
  9. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

hmm, Hero ability with a negative clause built in when the hero dies sounds amazing. Very flavorful. Great idea!

10. Skullferno

Skullferno I need me some PIE!

A suggestion that was brought up that I was totally in love with, is that you can only have 1 hero in your bg.

This would eliminate some meta plays, and also would do some good synergy. I know for me, Gekaal and Kartch are my boghoppers bread and butter, but if I had to pick one, it would be hard, and also I would probably center a bg around them. This isn't a bad idea though, and I support it.

Ifem21 likes this.
  11. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

I second this motion

12. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Requesting update as to what is being considered and maybe some of the changes that are intended to hit.

13. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

• Positive bonus (morale up) when hero is deployed.
    • Negative bonus (morale down) when hero dies.
    • One hero per battlegroup.
    I'm on board with this.

Ifem21, pixniri and Kampel like this.
  14. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Molten Cloak for Grimlic/Wizards.

15. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

damn that sounds awesome

16. bagoftrick

bagoftrick I need me some PIE!

Having only one Hero per bg does sound like a great idea. could easily open them up to design changes. such as having their second upgrade paths being different from each other offering competing reasons to select them for a bg.

For example,

Kartch U2: Call to Arms.

Gekaal: Surge Boghopper.

17. ManlyPaws

ManlyPaws The King of Potatoes

I thought bgs were limited to one hero at one point. It would be cool if it was the case again and they were made to be more thematic.

18. Indijanac

Well if your going to set limit on how much heroes you can have per bg , then you should add that heroes can be customized with stats and ability ( talking more then upgrades) cuz then they can reflect you and your play stile in borders of the runes races or general purpose

19. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

o_O
    why? :p I mean the heroes themselves reflect your playstyle or yourself...

20. Indijanac

Cuz you are limiting option that you can put in bg if you set only one hero per bg and by customizing that one hero you will have more options.
    Then why would you play other heroes ?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015