Heroic Achievements shouldn't count towards daily Gold acquisition limit.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lauremoon, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Today I completed all my heroic achievements at once and everything was fine.

Then I went for the daily skirmishes and achievements, but I won 0 gold for some achievements because it said that I hit my daily gold limit.

I haven't played a match since yesterday, so the only explanation is that the heroic achievements' rewards filled my gold limit. :(

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    hfok and alegre08 like this.
  2. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

I think they were trying to stop people from bit farming story modes. That it was just an over sight.

3. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Honestly, I don't think there should even be a gold cap. If people want to spend all day farming then let em, doesn't hurt the market much and it makes the game seem more ''active''

4. damnfoolishyeti

damnfoolishyeti I need me some PIE!

What if it's not "people"? I meant to say bot farming not bit farming

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Has there ever actually been a case of bot farming?

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Actually, this is something we are looking into since it does seem many players are running into the gold cap because of the Heroic Achievements.

Lushiris and Qucas like this.
  7. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

A friend of mine did the inverse as I did. He first finished all daily skirmishes and achievements, then finished his heroic achievements.

The victory panel said he reached his daily gold bonus, so he supposedly lost half the gold from one heroic achievement, but when he checked the marketplace, he actually won the 9k gold for the four heroics.

Then he played a skirmish, just to make sure.
    He was at 31.787 before the skirmish.
    After winning, the victory panel said "You have reached your daily gold bonus", but at the marketplace he is now at 31.824

It seems the heroics are actually not affecting the daily gold acquisition, as the gold is being gained as normal, but the system is a bit firked up lol

8. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

this happened to me in the first week..
    sok explained that when programing, a number has to be put as a limit as it cannot be left as infinite. ...10k was chosen (long time ago) as the number ,because at the time it was basically impossible to reach such a high number..even now it only was noticed cuz of new achievements.. it was not attempt to stop anyone from getting too much gold...perhaps next patch this might be corrected.