Hi Folks! (And deck question)

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by simplex409, Oct 30, 2014.

1. simplex409

simplex409 New Member

Firstly, hello. Just started playing and looking good so far. Love deck building in all things, and turn based strategy is awesome. Good game. :)

Anyway, I was batting an idea around since I found a Stitched Librarian, Coral Creeper and some Jellebriums in my first box. Would a denial type bg work at all? I was thinking lots of Jellebrium Mind coupled with a couple of Stitched Librarians and some Nora Drain spells as the main base for everything. Basically a deck comprised of things to stop your opponent fighting back very efficiently. Is this something worth pursuing or is it a silly idea?

If it is worth it, could I get some suggestions on what to fill the rest of the deck with? I was considering Firks and going for a very psychic damage approach, but they don't seem all that denial-y.

Cheers,
    - Jon

2. Korahn2610

Korahn2610 New Member

Welcome to the game simplex409!

3. simplex409

simplex409 New Member

Thanks Korahn2610 :)

Well, traded a whole host of stuff at both the Forge and Poxbox, so I've half got the BG I was thinking of. Namely, there are loads of Jellebrium in there. The other half is filled with Stitched because, honestly, they look cool. I'm shallow, what can I say. Anyway, the deck doesn't perform half bad in Skirmishes and Campaign play (I don't really do PVP all that much, and a denial deck isn't something I'd wish against anyone anyway) with the Stitched out first and, as enemies fall, the Jellebriums appearing. It's astonishing how little opposition there is after that :p

Since I picked up a second box, I've been playing around with different decks and, following lots more swapping and forging, I've put together a pretty horrible Spider deck. K'lzik is an absolute monster if left unmolested with Protect The Nest; 100+ damage dealing is just ridiculous thanks to the amount of spiders with the Arachnablades and Broodmothers there as well.

Anyone reading this is, I'm sure, more than aware but still... I wanted to rave about it, by thunder! Plus, it's a super cheap newbie deck - even K'lzik wasn't insanely expensive - so a potential suggestion for other new players.

The new box did open up some more Firks so I'm umming and ahhing about swapping out the Stitched. But Stitched Dreameaters are far too much fun, especially with two Shaman's adding to their number.

Sooo, yeah, that's where we are. Spider deck is pretty much done (I'll swap out the less exciting critters as I unlock more) and pondering where to go with the Jellies. Time to look at other deck possibilities though... Zombies look fun.

Cheers,
    - Jon

4. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Glad you are liking Pox so much :)

More veteran players could tell you better, but Jellebrium are pretty weak right now.

And if you want a "denial" (control type) deck you absolutely have to check out full faction Forsaken Wastes! ;)

5. Anondylar

Anondylar Well-Known Member

The issue is that K'lzik won't be left unmolested - anyone that knows what she brings to the table is going to snipe her down in one round or delay her until they can do so. You'll need to watch out for Immunity: Physical or Rock Eater too.

On control decks, I don't really know much about Jellebrium, but Nora Drain is currently bugged. You can't cast it.