High Sorcerer De'lim (KF Champion)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

High Sorcerer De'lim
    Race: Elf | Class: Rogue, Wizard | Size: Small | Rarity: Legendary
    Artwork: An emaciated and hunched male elf is dressed in robes of dark, muted, colors. He holds a long twisted staff which is imbued with fire and magic. He stands in a field of wildflowers which are just beginning to ignite.
    Flavor-Text: "I do what must be done to save the forest. First, it must burn. The forest will grow again stronger and wilder than before. On that day, I will be the unrivaled master of K'thir!" -High Sorcerer De'lim
    Deck Limit: 1
    Nora Cost: High

Champion Stats

DMG: 10 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 4-6 | DEF: 0 | HP: 48

Champion Abilities

Attack: Fire (0 Nora)- This unit makes a Fire attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Attack: Magical (0 Nora)- This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Betrayer of the Forest (6 Nora)- Whenever Vegetation terrain would be created within 8 spaces of this champion, Shallow Lava is created instead. This champion and each friendly champion with Devotee of De'lim gain Lavawalker.
    High Sorcery (8 Nora)- The first time each turn that a friendly spell is cast, all opposing champions within 4 spaces of this champion become Frightened 3 and Charred 3.
    Iron Will (4 Nora)- This champion cannot be Charmed, Possessed, or Distracted.
    Spell Swallower (6 Nora)- When your enemy successfully casts a spell, this unit gets +1 DMG. For every third spell cast, this unit also gets +1 DEF.

Upgrade Path I

Ally: Underdepths (5 Nora)- While there are other friendly Underdepths champions in play, this champion gets +7 HP and +2 DMG. Underdepths champions gain 1 AP when this unit comes into play.
    Devotee of De'lim (6 Nora)- When a real Plant or Treefolk unit is destroyed, this unit gains 3 MAX HP and is healed for 6 HP.
    Shielded (7 Nora, DEFAULT)- This unit may not be the target of opposing spells.

Upgrade Path II

Lava-Fall II (8 Nora, DEFAULT)- Spaces within 4 spaces of this champion are Shallow Lava (4 Fire damage on entry and when occupied) for 4 turns. AP: 2, CD: 3
    Lava Storm (14 Nora)- Area Effect 2, Range 5: Affected champions take 12 Fire damage. This damage ignores DEF. For the next 2 turns, spaces within the affected area are Shallow Lava (4 Fire damage on entry and when occupied). AP: 4, CD: 5
    Set Ablaze (6 Nora)- Target champion within 2 spaces takes 5 Fire damage and is Consumed By Fire (This champion is Shielded, Immobile, and Pacified. At the beginning of your turn, this champion takes 10 Fire Damage) for 2 turns. Friendly units take an additional 5 Fire damage. May target self. AP: 4, CD: 4

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Xirone

This take on De'lim allows him to have some nice synergy with friendly and opposing spells. When a friendly spell is cast, all opposing champs within four spaces of De'lim become Frightened 3 and Charred 3. This, effectively, allows all friendly spells to gain an added effect. When an opposing spell is cast, De'lim gains +DMG and +DEF. In addition, De'lim, because he practices forbidden arts in K'thir, has an ability (Betrayer of the Forest) that can been a boon in UD but often a negative in KF. The ability, Betrayer of the Forest, creates Shallow Lava when Vegetation would be created. For this reason, KF champions may often take damage when walking over the terrain they create but, conversely, can turn turn spells like Cultivate the Earth into giant lava pits. Overall, this would be a strong and interesting take on a much referenced character in Pox lore.

3. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I approve.

A cool ability but, Beterayer of the Forest could possibly be broken. K'thir has lots of veggie terrain generation.

Xirone likes this.
  4. Xirone

Yeah, good point. I'll limit it by giving it a range. Maybe 8 spaces? Still a big range but not global. A lot of ground based KF champions would be inconvenienced by the effect, as would opposing units.

Betrayer of the Forest (Old Version)-
    Whenever Vegetation terrain would be created, Shallow Lava is created instead. This champion has Lavawalker.

Betrayer of the Forest (New Version)- Whenever Vegetation terrain would be created within 8 spaces of this champion, Shallow Lava is created instead. This champion has Lavawalker.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Cultivate the Earth for MVP spell.

Xirone likes this.
  6. Xirone

An essentially free spell that creates as AoE 5 pit of lava? Yeah! That spell would go from zero to hero (in that deck at least).

7. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Unless he gave allies Lavawalker, anything with Forest Front or Trail Vegetation would destroy itself.

That's in keeping with the ability's name, but would be rather troublesome.

8. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

-Lol'd.

Also don't your fonts create lava then?

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Awesome ability. :D

Xirone likes this.
  10. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

11. Xirone

Yeah, it is meant to be a negative ability that has some positive aspects and it is intended that champs with Forest Front and such would slowly kill themselves. At least now that the ability has a range it could be avoided somewhat (or you just wouldn't play those champs in a deck with De'lim).

Edit: I could change the ability so all champions with Devotee of De'lim gain Lavawalker? Other champs should suffer, though.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  12. Xirone

That artwork will do.:)

13. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Now surround with fire corgies?

chickenpox2 and Xirone like this.
  14. Xirone

That's not De'lim though, that is the KF mid-term rune, Pyro-Corgimancer

15. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

The only Corgis I'd be okay with.

Leadrz likes this.
  16. KPIC

KPIC Devotee of the Blood Owl

High Sorcery is OP. Give it CD 3 and AP 4, or +1 Rank of Char for every Devotee of De'lim within 4 spaces of this champ to a max of 3.

17. Xirone

Possibly the ability could be made into an activated ability that only triggers when a spell is cast but I don't think it should cost AP and a spell.