Highlander BG; Post-revamp.

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

This is my highlander that I'm currently using in ranked, with obvious success. The power level of this bg is really un-matchable in todays meta. If you have any questions regarding bg composition or rune choice, leave a message. I'll be sure to get back to you.

2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Very gimmicky etc I know... But no tanglefoot?

3. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Just wondering if thats because it's not good enough, or if it's too good.

4. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

How often do you find yourself dropping Grimthir or Dugon? I haven't tried them since the revamp.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Grimthir has basically replaced Mena, in all aspect. Not only is he a standalone guy (with regen3/blessed - (from covenenat)) he also has heal mass. But that's a personal opinion. I deploy him every chance I get, but that's usually if I get him in the first 6-8 turns. I feel the later the game goes on, it may be a bit costly to drop such an expensive rune. When the opponent in todays meta can almost double deploy.

Dugon on the other hand is a funny rune, he looks like absolute Bane Shift on paper. But I can't stop deploying him for whatever reason. I mean the Bestial Presence buff is one thing worthwhile for power turns, but generally he is a solid champ. Provides huge threat with his AoE, which I usually use in conjunction with AoEs to really weaken opponents.

So Grimthir 7/10 (great early game threat, huge life pool/defensive capabilities) not so good late game.)
    Dugon 6/10 (has come clearly defined roles via BM3/BP3 and provides a hidden bomb with AoE attack.

6. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Well, this is a Elf Module BG, If I was running a more Meta orientated bg I could probably fit him in somewhere. But he's going to be changed along with many others when the sweeping nerfs take place. So I'll wait and see before I get too devoted to things like that.

7. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Awesome reply. Thanks for the insights. I'll give them a try.

8. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

honestly i think ur better off sticking with 2 carnivrous vines rather than brambles also u only have grim'thir and catharsis as healing i suggest elven page or avenging for DF it pretty awesome but pricey cause honestly you should rely to much on grim'thir too expensive