Hoarfrost

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by singinsammy, Mar 18, 2014.

1. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

2. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

I've played a few of these kind of BGs. One thing you might like if you are running ice casters is the yeti tracker has a snow trap she can eat and he's a good frost dmg melee champ.

Also bone shredders on the FW side. Also you can run haunt if you go that road.

Just fun ideas to play around with.

3. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

how about a bag of filth equip for the ice casters? Could also serve as font contesters

I want to avoid too many 2x2 champs, so it would be a choice between the dragons and shedders

4. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Shredders are meh. Honestly. You gotta run the hoarfrost dragons man.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Very nice, I see you are running anathema when you have 2 ice storm already, that's a waste of a valuable FW slot IMO, that you could use in another cloak of skulls, for example.
    The same can be said of soul reaver, you could interchange it for cleansing storm (replacing blizzard cloak) to add something skelly.
    People used to play dark rising + coordinatio tower to get silly encouraged turns.
    And this is a combo it just thought of, and it's incredibly silly and situational, but I have to tell:
    Supposse you have 50% amp up. you can cast dark rising to get 5 skeletons, these are weaklings, and ussually only worth when using sacrificial altar, to get them to do 10 LoL each. Well imagine replacing the sacrificial altar for the spell snowball fight. Now your weak skeletons are able to attack at 4 range to do fixed 12 frost damage, and this includes the lesser bonemaulers from cloak and any other skeletons you might have. You can get 60 damage for 75 nora from these two spells alone, and if you are really lucky, you can sacrifice them later to get even more.

6. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

a dark rising snowball fight...

7. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

Actually, the snowball fight could be useful even without the dark rising, if there are plenty of bonemaulers out. I'll def replace the anathema, and look at the cleansing storm. The ancient implications could probably also go in favor of something else.

Thanks for the thoughts

8. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I would reccomend trying to get some bone elementals in there. A second jelder too. BE is amazing when you already have bonewing and works very well with all that long range high damage.

9. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

I do have them; I am a little hesitant to include 4 champs that are 2x2, but the dragons are flying so it might work out. That might also negate the need for an extra cloak of skulls

10. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

I'm quite interested in this bg so I'd like to know how you've been doing with it and what changes you've made to it. What about adding Icelord, Ice elemental, Ice shard, Howling wind etc?

11. singinsammy

singinsammy Member

I haven't actually played much with it since I got Pox working.

I would personally choose between the dragons OR the elementals; too many 2x2 creatures tend to clog up my game. I like the dragons because they have the ally and can wear the cloak of skulls.

Howling wind could work really well for a power turn.

I used to run 2x ice shard, but then switched them out in favor of the amp champs, because for not much more nora you're getting mobile, combat ready units. The shards don't even have enough hp to contest a font for very long, at 40 nora.

Anyway, when I play this group again I'll post with more thoughts. I'd love to hear yours too, if you play something similar.

12. Hekau718

Hekau718 I need me some PIE!

Yes, i also have a hoarfrost bg. Not too experienced with it yet. Feels like i lose mostly because of my mistakes. Anyway, I've recently added Yeti Icelord, who is a total boss, though surprisingly squishy even with calcify. I have 1 ice shard which really helps out when you just can't get the amp up.
    Then there's the howling wind, such an epic spell. Usual powerturns with 50% amp kill everything. (howling wind, ice storm, dragon's aoe, icewisps and just frost attacks. Icewisp does like 30 damage with howling wind and amp.).
    Also thinking about adding the lerper guy, he's arctic, skeleton and hits like a truck.
    I really wanted to make this bg work with the ST titan, bit it just seems like a dumb idea.