Hoarfrost

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Zythraak, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I've never played FW, but I'd like to try. The FW runes that I like the best are the frost ones, like Hoarfrost Dragon and Hoarfrost Lich, is there enough frosty undead to make a good competitive BG, or should I not even bother? Also, if there is enough, could someone post a sampledeck? :)

2. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

here is my Frosty build there is also Risen yeti (does anyone use him ever?) to use if some champs are not available to you. Most are Artic others deal frost damage.

3. Zythraak

Oh thanks! The whisperghasts could be difficult to acquire. You don't run Serkan's equipment?

4. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

So uhhh what actually is the point of this deck? There's no amp, there's no snow/ice to proc arctic. It just seems like you took all the "frosty" looking runes in FW and put em in a deck. You need to split with ST, if you want to actually get a semi-competetive deck.

5. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Gillo stole my lines. Damnit.

6. Zythraak

Okay well, forgive my noobiness with frosty things but, could you show me a better deck then? @gillo? That would be great.

7. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

The hoarfrost deck most brutal combo is dark rising + snowball fight, with 50% amp, you get 12 fixed damage per skeleton, that's better than sacrificial altar and you get to keep the skeletons, and not only that, as snowball costs 3 ap, you can do that attack and then sacrifice on an altar to get 22 less HP on your enemies per skeletons (with some luck)

here's a build:
    http://www.poxbase.com/deck/C4vC8kcaBCaNCpMC1=cipc69C4bCgkSwS2LS13Sns5Krwrvr8e2B

the truth is that the synergy isn't as satisfying as I would like, that hoarfrost liches are kind of bad, that the amplify frost portion of the deck isn't the ideal but I completely believe this will get better.