Holy Crap Demo Team is horrible now

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by reskk, Jul 10, 2014.

1. reskk

reskk Member

title

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Do you also write email that have a subject line and no body?

Tarathil likes this.
  3. reskk

reskk Member

There is nothing more to say.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You could give a little information about what you think is crap. Is it too slow, too low damage, lost a key ability, too expensive, etc?

5. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Burn and no basic attack is a pretty good place to start.

6. srinshee

srinshee Well-Known Member

that's mortar crew not demo team btw...

but yeah...demo team was horrible before revamp...now is worse... :p

7. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Whoops. Wrong crappy rune.

reskk and Baskitkase like this.
  8. reskk

reskk Member

Obscenely overcosted, outclassed, and outdated. Brings nothing to ironfist at all and is a waste of an exo.

9. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

It's sad, because I really want to like Demolition Team.

But, it's just a terrible, terrible unit.

Its cost is above that of most heroes and legendaries. 115* sodding nora! Euan himself is only ~105.

So, with a cost like that, you'd expect something pretty impressive, right? HAHAHA, you poor deluded fool.

DMG 8. And, it's not even like he's a support rune - he has 3 different attacks (including the basic one), all dependant on his damage. And, to make matters worse, when he dies the first time his damage gets even lower (if you can believe that). Oh, wait, he does have an optional support ability - he can lay a 6-damage fire trap. Christmas has come early...

Oh, and for some bizarre reason Multiattack is an upgrade ability - even though its presence is specifically given mention in 'Team', rather implying that it's something he should have all the time. I guess giving it to an 115 nora champion with DMG 8 would have broken the game or something.

Basically, this was a champion who (pre-revamp) probably needed either a buff and/or a price-drop. Instead, he got a nerf and a hefty price-hike. Sigh.

*Or a mere 101pts if you felt he wasn't quite crap enough, and deserved a vulnerability to help him drop that extra tier.

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

Demolition Team has always been lackluster in terms of efficiency and this tradition pre-dates back when he had team on base. In the old system when it was removed from base from a player organized buff campaign, it allowed a flexible building opportunity at around 77 nora and people almost considered him too efficient. After the SoE revamp it shoe boxed him with it back on base and low damage. As the first rune with the team ability ever, it was really poorly designed for use and now it is completely dead in the shoebox.

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Aye. But Faultbraker is OP now.

12. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

And this should be the answer of our council member?

Buff Windfury

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Trust me its very high on my to-do list. Taking its range down to 3-5 would likely drop its cost into the 70s which would be much nicer. His abilities are also a bit mixed up.

14. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

This was my idea too, i would like to see him in the drunken theme, so class brute, but this is impossible i guess atm

Yeah, and his stats too, i mean who will pick up berz 2? no one. And with oly 9 base dmg he is a bit under the other range option IS has, like sharpshooter, scarlet, huntres and so on. But i like Hammer throw, and would like to see stun on him again