Holy Heck - Skeletal Lerper

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Fikule, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Can get Surge: Skeleton 2

And he's a skeleton.. so he surges himself.. and can be boosted

I imagine he can get to ~35 damage pretty easily

plus.. you know, haunting visions and shadowstrike with 50hp before warbanner and boost :p

2. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

i faced a skele deck and that actually happened. Now i have a bad rune draw so i got screwed early, but skeles seem to gain a momentum that makes them unstopable. still a very good theme

3. Sean5056

Sean5056 I need me some PIE!

Run Lerpers in a skelly deck and an LK. toss in a graveyard and a couple cloaks of skulls and it gets super fun.

4. gillo

gillo I need me some PIE!

Has anyone made an efficient skelly deck? I don't want to see Lich King included for gods sake...

BroWatchThis likes this.
  5. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

crossbones and voidhowlers with rabid combo ok with reapers and riflemen with black death. tomblords, toll taker, xulos flesh out the range for a more reasonable price than lich kings and aren't as painful to lose. the deck is light on magic dmg though.

6. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

Surge doesn't trigger off of the champion that has it.

7. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Include a Soulreave spell.

8. Ragic

yeah, I run 1. still yeti spirits made me cry

9. BansheeX

Yeti Spirit is severely undercosted for what it does. It should return to Ethereal instead of Ghost

10. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

I had a try with that combo. Voidhowler still carries a huge target on his back. Whenever you deploy it, it is the priority for kills. That with the low survivability quite works against it. In this sense, by being melee he quite does not work outside paper. Of the other 3, xbones is a solid pick as well as the rifleman, and the Reaper does have enough beef to actually do something, more even with scythe whirl.

Regarding the Lerper, I just have one point to highlight: Dark Rising. Instant 10 damage buff. In a turn with an 8 AP gain it can kill even tanky things. Also it gives a 5 damage buff to Tomblords.

While unrelated to the Lerper topic, if you wanna make a Skelly BG, take a look at gravewatcher... He is really cheap for something that can revive 80 nora champs and reduce the drawbacks of AoE on the always clumped Skeleton formation.

11. Ragic

voidhowlers are tricky to use, but sources of rabid are hard to come by in skeletons and black death feeding souldrinker on the reaper is worth the effort imo. and I think his spawns also have rabid.

12. Fikule

I wonder if Festering Wounds might be worth a spot in Skeletons for spot Diseased. Possibly the Plague spell on the Reaper for a cheaper option that takes a turn to kick in.

13. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Festering wounds only lasts 1 turn - try Bag of Filth

14. BansheeX

Did they nerf/change Festering Wounds even further?

15. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

BansheeX they actually fixed the timer on it so that it lasts as long as a normal DOT.

Before it was ticking each round, now it ticks each turn.

16. BansheeX

Ahh. So it prevents healing for 1 of the opponents turns. I get it now. Sad that it is so expensive.

17. Ragic

With regard to the efficient skeleton build, I'm also liking 2x revenants (init 2, hex) and 2x repurpose. Loving that short lived count down timer.

18. Fikule

2 turns. It is diseased 4 and triggers at the start of each turn.

Should be
    Applied on your turn
    - Start of their turn, triggers
    - your turn, triggers
    - their turn, triggers
    - your turn, triggers and removed

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Haha there are so many units like this running around atm...

20. Fikule

Also, in terms of the spell Plague, anyone else disappointed that there isn't an ability that grants Infectious?

Like:
    Infect [AP 3, CD 2]
    Target adjacent friendly champion becomes diseased 3 and infectious 3.