Holy Zombies, Batman - IS/FW variant, Summon Abuse and Late-late Game

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by kalasle, Feb 25, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

https://poxbase.com/deck/C4Tcuick-CkcalctdcoTcfLCl4c4chNC1tC9hsgs5VR2XrHrTr29R5r1r8e1m

Pretty clear what this tries to do. The two dwarf masons are there to keep the Piles running while they poop their own summons. A different idea for the Ramp n Stamp BG, based off a game against @potatonuts.

Obviously, this variant cries over Swarm, Backlash, Sever/Tongue, and Powersource. The solution? Cry about it -- eat the matchup. Swarm can be handled well enough, and the Masons make a Powersource salvageable, but it's rough.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I am a pretty big fan of the IS zombie splits, the dwarves' utility works really well with zombies.

I'd probably try and squeeze some fleshblights in there as they work well with the charge from sergeant.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'd love to get them in there, but the FW side is already a sardine tin of nonsense, not sure there's space.

Edited title with the name that escaped me earlier.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It would probably work FF as well. I'm mainly splitting with IS for the crazy nora gen, Priest, and Houndmaster, which all add something extra. Making it FF with Statue and Elsari Mason sure is tempting, not sure if I would run the exact list as there.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I probably wouldn't run that list either. There's no mobilization, essence drain to setup Zombie Apocalypse, and I'm not sure what else. I'd probably run one tome, one mason spire, one altar.

7. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

sp has mason units now. and the have clay forms.

[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]= alot of zombies

[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]= good nora gen

peak tactics (spell)+ [​IMG]= surprise damage/ swarm

combined with some cheep units, wandering zombie being one, this is the bg I have been using.

I guess you could:
    [​IMG]+[​IMG]+([​IMG])= x
    but it feels unnecessary.

i use one alacrity and one [​IMG]. Never really need him though. AoE spot cleans is nice in zombies too, via [​IMG].

8. OriginalG1

[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]+[​IMG]= alot of zombies

been thinking about adding ([​IMG]) to the above combo, but feels unnecessary as well.

9. potatonuts

i think gravedigger/reanimate cancels the Cory/Moragh spawn, don't quote me on that though.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nope, it has optimum interaction.

11. OriginalG1

i tried reanimate on coragh, turns out he has warding. thought about trying reanimate on the clay form, but did not bother

12. potatonuts

lol, we suck at fw.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He can, however, be targeted by Exhume, as Warding only prevents spells. It's nowhere mentioned in the text, but Exhume can't target Bloodless champs. Still great for Deathcaster and Coragh.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  14. OriginalG1

upload_2015-2-25_21-24-26.png
    this is what my bg currently looks like, a lot could take the place of tempest crown, I use it on Timmy sometimes but pawn is good at keeping him alive. I like Abomination, but at the same time I have been thinking about using more champs with the zombie apocalypse ability. Timmy's boghopper zombies and Cory and Bragh all have zombie apocalypse, so swarming is not a big deal really. I have noticed Timmy's zombie plague works inconsistently, but that is pox. Blue belly is "that rune." Speckled fesh is neat, he generates little nora, sits back and waits for a "dap attack" from 3 spaces. If I decide someone is worth healing, the fesh comes in a feeds them to full hp, most of the time.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015