Honestly the new Kithir rune's feel like they should've been made splits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by free20play, Mar 22, 2014.

1. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

it breaks my back to try playing them and realise there's no flame charge/borghas spell or orb of protection around to use

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

From what I understand, the theme there is around D'elim, the Outcast. He's influencing the K'thir politics and performing unethical experiments on his followers, which is annoying Menelaus, to say the least. They're burning treefolk as fuel for fire magic, and he's infusing elements into his followers. The fire damage is thematic in the "forest fire" sense. I'm not super fond of it, but I don't think it's much of a problem. To me it just looks like an exploration of a different side of K'thir.

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

you are free to split them, borghas is tricky in splits tough, you will want foment and PoV if you want a proper shrine bomb.

4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think the problem here is not that the OP wants to split but the fact that they are a FF theme based of KF lore but feel like they should have been a split theme given the theme's focus abilities.

InBe4 D'elim's actually Grimthir x Deception :p

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

On a slightly different note, I always thought UD's Flowing Ember looked like a KF rune and KF's Flame Mage looked like a UD rune.

Gorebucket and dsjtheman like this.
  6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Yeah, I've always wondered: How often does the artwork switcheroo take place? Or is it just my imagination?

Flowing Ember = Flame Mage?

Flame Mage = Flowing Ember?

Brand of Brutality = Lash Down?

Lash Down = Some Treefolk Champ? (Note: It was mentioned that there were 4 new Treefolk for Wild Alliance, but only 3 emerged that expansion)

Treefolk's Blessing = Some Vashal Spell? (What the hell does Mighty Mouse have to do with the spell?)

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah, I was never convinced with the whole "elves with fire" thing either... but it is what it is. Factions really have very little identity these days so I guess it couldn't be helped.