Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bondman007, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Totally amazing game. Has all the good 'ole open world content, but it is all relevant to the core story...not just added junk to make a big game. Graphics are off the chain and the gameplay rocks. I am not a tremendous fan of the open world stuff, but I must say these guys knocked this game out of the park! The crafting system is simple enough to not be an eternal grind and has enough options to keep it intuitive. But, imo, the best part is the creatures you fight! The AI is well done and each one is completely different. They are machine/robots and each has their strengths and weaknesses as well as own fighting styles. It reminds me somewhat of another great game I played back in the day call Shadow of the Colossus where you had to learn each titans weak spots and take them down. There are moments in certain zones that the sound and environment actually gives me chills by the mood it sets! Huge bosses, fast action, compelling story, and insane graphics make this one a winner! Try it out!

Kampel likes this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

3. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Jim Sterling gave it a 9.5/10.

If I had a PS4 I'd definitely try it out.

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Playing it

Its ossom

5. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

Yup. Also, the fact that most of the movers and shakers of the story are non-Anglo or women is pretty cool largely because they're not holding up a big sign saying "LOOK AT OUR PROGRESSIVENESS!" Characters are just well-developed with good dialogue that happen to be a certain sex or ethnicity. It's refreshing to see evidence that there's a market for, for instance, a strong female lead that isn't sexualized while at the same time having a developer with enough restraint to not make it what the game is about.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017