Hornet's Nest (KF Equip)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Hornet's Nest
    Faction: K'thir Forest
    Effect: Equipped champion gains Hive. If equipped champion is a Plant, it also gains two ranks of Damage Shield: Physical and two ranks of Damage Shield: Poison.
    Artwork: A large hornet's nest is situated high up on a treefolk's limb.
    Flavortext: These hornets are fierce defenders of their homes. Lucky for the Treefolk, they are their homes.
    Nora Cost: 30

Woffleet and GabrielQ like this.
  2. Xirone

In essence, this equip turns a champion into a Hive (SL Relic). The cost of Hive is 30 nora and this one is too (keep in mind Hive can contest fonts and has HP). All in all, a simple but useful equip.

3. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

stealing relics... classy.

4. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I like the effect, and the flavor. But I can't say I am a fan of the name..because [​IMG] was printed a few months ago. It's basically the same idea in MTG form.

5. KingJad

name could use a change but the magic card gives u summons(tokens) while this rune doesn't give u summons.

6. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

This card, so good. Wins me so many games. Carry on.

In an on topic note, I like the idea for the equipment.

7. Xirone

The easier it is for the rune to be made, the more likely it is to be made. Reusing coding, and still being a good rune, is efficient!

8. Xirone

As far as the name goes, a hornet's nest is natural enough where it isn't really infringing on anything. Maybe if the effect were similar to the MTG card it would be close, though. With that said, does anyone have an idea for an alternate name? Beehive? Wasp's Nest? Hornet Home? Tree-Hive?

9. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Hornet's Nest is a fine name, it just has the strange luck to have almost the exact same name as a magic card. In reality the two cards don't at all serve the same purpose. They're kind of similar, but not really.

Xirone likes this.
  10. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

It would need to cost way more than the relic.
    2 damage shields and you are able to position it around to maximum effect, on top of the Hive effect is worth a lot more than the Hive alone would be.

Xirone likes this.
  11. KingJad

Mom! im seeing ghost again

12. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I am still not playing. Just popped in to check my messages and had to comment on this one.

13. Xirone

The original idea was that it could only be equipped on a Plant (it would still have at least one Damage Shield). Does that change make it better for the cost or too limiting?

14. KingJad

swap cost with flag of unification

15. Xirone

Too expensive. 30-35 is the target nora cost. I'd rather take away elements or make it exclusively useable on Plants that up the cost to 45.

16. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think the original cost is about right, a couple damage shields aren't a big deal.

17. KingJad

hmm well at best it would drop both damage shields and only have hive for 35 nora

18. KingJad

bansheeX made a good point about it being a mobile hive in addition to damage shields.

19. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Hive cost comes from perseverance counter/finisher + 20 hp of font contesting, so no, it's not a good point in my opinion.

Xirone likes this.
  20. Xirone

Yeah, in game this equip would largely be used as a perseverance counter/finisher and not so much for it's continued effect (though good, of course). Because this equip doesn't contest a font, nor have 20 HP, it has an added effect. As said, 30-35 nora would be this rune's sweet spot. Considering Shield of Thorns does 10 DMG, though, I'll make the rune deal less damage through Damage Shields.