How are the boghoppers these days

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by FTCDominique, Oct 5, 2016.

1. FTCDominique

FTCDominique New Member

Before I switched to stitched and spiders, I was bog/poison. looking through the threads I don't see much talk about them. What are is there state currently? any example bgs or auto includes

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Theyre decent enough i think. Paladin lost his Drown aura recently so people arent running him now. My Hopper deck atm builds around Tide Masters with Surge and taking advantage of his Tidal Waves by running Undertow/Drown but thats just mine, rest of the deck is general Hopper good stuff like Augurs, Thunderfists, Kartch/Gek, Fury, Enforcers, Shaman, Misshapen and some other shizzle. The new version of Darkmarsh Warsong is good for Hoppers too, people raving about it but i have not given it a try yet.

Autos id say are Augur for sure, hes great for his cost. Tide Master if you want to run Drown (you should). Kartch/Gek. Thunderfist is good. Enforcer is a great tank. I run atleast 1x Destiny. The poison variant is still good too, with Defilers and Toads as well as Spitters, Augurs and Tides making up the bulk of the deck.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Bogs are in a weird spot atm. But as always, they have several different builds. Id say the summon based build up is probably not the most competitive version due to this map rotation and recent nerfs to tad/spawnpool.

With that said, I've messed a bit with a more aggressive build using and double hippos to try and get an early game advantage. The bg looks like this:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CgPCb2c30C6VCgUCtPcqWc2@C5qs1s6Ts7ws5Asds1Ps1gs6-S5Bs54r2LrWe2Ge3q

For melee I went for Toad/Dredger/Zealot. Toad with hunter poisoned is great, it has a pseudo 8 spd, bulky hp and pseudo tough 2 vs melee champs that engage it. Zelot is great due to it's ridiculous dmg drom the get go and final word, meaning most of the time your opponent will have to use a spell to kill it. I like it in this map rotation since theres alot of maps where you have to split your armies.

For the ranged champs I like playing hit and run tactics with DoT stacking. Augur/Fury/Spitter/Kartch can add up to 15 dmg from DoTs in 1 round. Spitter/Kartch apply Poison for Toad's hunter. And Tide Master for surge, magic dmg and tidal.

For spells/relics/equips most is self explanatory. Darkmarsh Warsong is an experiment, could swap out for a second Marsh Song or a Poison Trap. I often consider swaping Drown for Font Eruption, since double hippos is usually more then enough and I need to waste a tidal to use down.

This build has a strong early game and a decent mid/late and could be competitive, but I haven't played that much with it to see how far it could go. Main problems I see is that it doesn't have strong defense mechanisms, no source of dispel, no anti summon tech.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    Anima26 likes this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I dunno. Takin leap 3 off bog tad summons sucks balls. Spawnpool Guardian be suckin more ballz than a miniature golf course. Not sure what to do with my bog paladin now :( Tidemaster losin water front kills the whole bog tad summon synergy. Darkmarsh siph.on is just Firking weird. It has to get punched in the face for you to benefit from its passive ability. Since its so squishy most times it is easily one turned so its like "meh wtf is the point of this weird ass rune that dies in one hit". Darkmarsh warsong is neato now on the plus side Costs 25 nora and the next 3 bogs u deploy get discounts and they are stealthed for a few turns. I still play bogs I like em. *Just Hulk problems*

Anima26 likes this.