How can skeleton theme be improved??

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by LadyJava, Mar 10, 2016.

1. LadyJava

LadyJava The King of Potatoes

How can skeleton theme be improved??

I been playing a bit with some skellies and would love to see this improve, I have seen a few new skellie based champs coming out with bone prison spell and bone slave champion but we need more unique stuff that can bring more life to a skeleton theme.

Any suggestions???

2. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

They need a little touch, but they seem to be somewhat close to competitive.

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I think the best thing that could be done for skeletons is to make altar of bones CD 1. so we arent forced to run 2. but then make it unique

TeaScholar and flador like this.
  4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

The biggest problem I have with skeletons is getting caught off guard by swarm units. That or a champ that makes wennie skeletons becomes trapped and then my opponent feeds the weenies to swarm units. Possibly a way to merge a group of wennies into something substantial? I really do not know.

Back when there was only 20 runes in a deck, it felt like skeleton bg's where impossible to work with because you simply did not have enough rune space. Now that we are 30 runes in deck it still feels tight. (I can never run everything I think my skeletons would need.)The next step for skellies might be limitless decks with a minimum of 30 runes this would of course become harder to reveal all you runes. Maybe 60 runes is enough, maybe 2vs2 is their home?

It is weird. I have been 2x broken bones as of late, have not had much swarm trouble. As soon I make a full skellie bg though, the summon ants, bat swarms and rioter comes out to play.

Maybe it is not about building them up like super champs as much as it is about sacrificing them to break the line. I must be using them wrong.
    "Go! Fight him! I DON'T CARE" -TeaScholar

super71 and TeaScholar like this.
  5. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

My issue with the skeleton theme is that it is full of relics and late game benefits.
    Their focus on late game leaves them too weak during early and mid game.

6. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

skellies are amazing,pls

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

These sorts of issues can be handled in part during deck construction -- there isn't exactly 1 skeletons list, and if yours isn't working out, tweak it.

8. LadyJava

Also can take time to build up an army so need more stronger tank like skellies to hold down the line until then.

9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Bone elemental, sapping armour dude.

10. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

boneshredder,reaper kinda,cheap ass infantry or mercenary
    theres enough meat to hold the field
    people just need to forget about graveyard+altars completely,you will lose too much tempo by it

OriginalG1 likes this.
  11. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

they just need a little buff to the HP of summons and will be one of the top notch themes

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The summons can already get +10 and if you're using Altar of Bones that's +4 every other turn. So that's already 23 HP skeletons (assuming rank 1 is taken). Skeletons have low HP because of how spammable they are.

13. LadyJava

This is true wouldn't hurt to have some more tanky skellies though maybe even a 2x2

14. themacca

as far as tanks go we have boneshredder, bone elemental, skeletal excavator and blackblade baron. They're all more than adequate.

flador, Sealer0 and Skeezick like this.
  15. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

Skeletons actually have a whole lot of champions, and have a lot of tools available to them. I really don't think they need much right now.

16. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

They could use more synergy.More bonuses for going all skeleton.

17. flador

I dunno, I think Surge, bone altar, boost, and commander+defender being readily available to them gives them the synergy they need. Their main weakness I see is the setup time it takes to get all the champs you need out on the field to get things rolling, since their synergy is so spread out across a lot of champs.

LadyJava likes this.
  18. flador

And while they may not need anything, I REALLY want to see a skeleton titan in the near future

LadyJava likes this.
  19. LadyJava

@flador

Im with you on that would be nice to see a titon or a hero skellie a 2x2 ofcourse, and I agree with that the "SYNERGY" is good with alter and such elements hope in time it can even be better. and yes its only the set up time that takes a bit

20. themacca

Xulos is a skeleton. And it's possible to make him outright insane in a skele BG.