How do we feel about Nora Producers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paper Skull, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I think that champs like Nora Miner and Deepcave Extractor are really boring. They can net you some nora advantage, but the barely move and can't do a bunch. That isn't to say that they're necessarily bad though, Nora Miner can be meta worthy in the right Meta.

I like champions like Flame Dragoleech much more, who are weak and cheap but gain nora, and also can do some damage when positioned right. Or take Scorched Dwarf, who at least can spend his AP on things and has an interaction with Demon Elves.

What's the public opinion on these kinds of champs?

Woffleet likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nora gen as a concept is poor. I'd rather do away with all of them.

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I like Tireless Harvester. Harvester is able to gen nora from plants by sacrificing their ap and hps. It works well when u have a bunch of summoned trees out. Harvester is also able to buff other champions with cocoon. I dislike nora gen for the most part unless it is done in some flavorful interesting way involving sacrifice of some kind. Sacrifice, nora shield, combined effort, flame siphon. Consume resources is interesting as well, because the caster still gens 5 nora per font but his opponent will gen 0 font nora for four turns. Seems like a good time to cast limit or nora drain.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Though my views are colored by preference for lategame play, Nora Generation seems in a stable place right now. Most generators clock in at between 4 and 6 turns for break even, and with the narrowed margins on costs and returns post-revamp those nora hits are a complicated decision per se. There's been a lot of emphasis on the forums recently of making every element of the game more about spacing, positioning, and severe costs. Positioning and spacing are plenty important right now. Just sticking out a voice to say someone is comfortable with the current approach. Ultimately, it is up to the devs.

Paper Skull and drathys like this.
  5. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I would have to agree mostly with @BurnPyro on this. I run Elven Artisan in every deck since she has some utility but mainly because there is so much nora gen out there, I feel like I have to. I would rather nora gen in any form besides Shrines and Fonts be done away with. Also it is just another thing to have to think about as a new player and makes the game that much more complex. If all I had to remember was 45, 25, 12, the game would be more enjoyable.