How do we fix Lightning Elemental?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by allyorbase, Jul 15, 2014.

1. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

In the revamp, he lost much of his core.

-Death Nova
    -Evasive

He also gained an arguable sandbag: Electricity Eater -- a situational ability at best.

But most notably, he lost Mobility, and his range was nerfed from 2-5 to to 3-5.

Now, he can bolt in, but once there, he has to spend 3 AP to disengage, then he has to spend 2 AP to move within targeting range of the foe. That's 5 AP, for a unit that generates 7 AP each round. So, if you make your first strike against a foe with exactly 3 AP remaining, you will not be able to attack for a full round.

The rest of his kit doesn't support such a downside. If you take Deflect, it will trigger once, but he will be a sitting duck for 2+ subsequent attacks from the foe. Aura can do up to 6 damage per round, but that upgrade -- in addition to Deflect -- puts Lightning Elemental's cost at a very prohibitive 97 nora.

And all of this might be acceptable, if the Elemental had amazing base stats. Instead, he has 9 base DMG, 1 DEF, and 48 HP. His 7 SPD is largely discounted due to the aforementioned 3-5 range and lack of mobility, so the chances of him actually doing anything useful before dying (without his previously useful Death Nova) are slim.

So, I ask: what would make Lightning Elemental good?

2-5 range and Mobility?
    Hit and Run?
    Multiattack 1?
    Higher stats?
    Significant cost adjustments?
    Some combination of the above?

He used to be fun and well worth consideration. Discuss?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  2. Zythraak

Zythraak The King of Potatoes

I would love to see hit and run added, or, perhaps a 'latch on' ability that causes significant damage to the target over a few turns. Hit and run would be great for the ol'sock lovers, but I would think it pretty cool to see bolt paired with something to keep him stuck to a target, and reward him for that. But that's just my 2 cents, he is quite pricy though, and his damage is lackluster, i miss how he used to be.

allyorbase likes this.