How Do You Deal With Superchamps?

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by goldmonkee, Jun 29, 2014.

1. goldmonkee

goldmonkee I need me some PIE!

From the forums it sounds like expensive champs were nerfed and cheaper ones buffed, but almost all of my losses have come from huge champs with immunity to almost everything in my deck. Gale sandwich hasn't worked (knockback immune, PHYS immune, Combat Awareness, spell DMG reduction to where it does zero, etc.) and I'm having a hard time finding an answer.

Right now I'm just using Swap to try and catch them off guard, but I don't like it for a permanent solution. If you aren't having a problem facing this stuff, please comment?

2. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Cheap meat and coordination tower

3. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Need to be more specific in what champs and abilities you are having problems countering. Even if you don't have available counters for a superchamp St has tons of debuff and defensive mechanics to work around it. Gale sandwich isn't the answer for everything.

4. goldmonkee

Bastion The Avenger: mostly immune to all of my spells backed up with alternating Range/Melee immunity, I can't do enough DMG to one round him. Then heals on their turn, repeat. Has Combo Attack to help negate Awestruck. So basically, champ that can hit for 40+ even while Awestruck that's immune to range and/or melee and more or less unaffected by any of my spells, that will heal every other turn.

It's been a couple years since I've played so I can't be as specific about the other runes as I'd like. But it's been a lot of Combat Awareness champs - they're immune to everything except direct attacks yes? - then either immune or resistant to all of my direct attacks, backed up by buffing champs/equips/spells to put them into huge stat range. Seems like this is mostly SL/IS splits, if that helps.

I also remember having some difficulty with an early Elite Blade'd Thirion a couple of times, but looking back over KF runes I'm not sure what the issue was there. Probably just poor play or bad draws.

5. goldmonkee

I will try that; could pump the DMG numbers up high enough to one-round even if it's immune to range or melee. Thank you.

6. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Run a frost bg/module and blast the flying f*ck out of Bastion when you get the chance

EDIT: Well, it'll help with non-combat awareness champs at least

7. Savain

Savain Member

Does combat awarenesss stop abilities too or is that impenetrable only? because frostfall does 22 damage amped off blast

8. goldmonkee

From my experience, it stops everything except single-target attacks that directly target it. Any kind of AoE, including passives like Awestruck, have zero effect. I don't know what Frostfall is, but unless it mechanically functions like a basic attack then it won't work.

I think the problem was trying to run pure frost. Since the melee options aren't very good and AoE sucks against IS, Righteous Deflection would shut me down. I've tried dropping a few frost runes in favor of stronger melee and it seems to have helped a bit.

Savain likes this.
  9. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

It has to state "target champion" otherwise do combat awareness block it.

10. yojinba

yojinba New Member

If you spend 50 Nora to cast swap or more for Gale Force (with setup like Crysalized Champs or IceBlocks, I assume) its quite costly.
    Invest a litte more and use a Doomball.
    You could see it as a pseudo Champ Removal Spell.

Obviously it doesn't work with impenetrable Targets.

11. goldmonkee

I like your out-of-the-box thinking :) Will give him a try at some point, thank you.