How do you hold up against zombies?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultima, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

It is funny when you dreambox corpse-a-pault though.
    The tomb is useful too.

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

TLC costs 50nora???

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I agree, nerf Corpse a pult @Sokolov

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Nerf Corpse a pult and buff Land Cannon. Land Cannon also gets -2 dmg vs. SL, which reduces its utility a bit.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This BS of SL bonus affecting everything, not being fixed, is one of the reasons I stopped playing this game.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

The range is what gets me. RNG 4-8 creates a very large danger zone which often makes it hard to avoid. Would RNG 5-7 and HP set to 20 (from 25) makes things more acceptable?

7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I'd just make cannon 40 nora and call it a day.

8. Pedeguerra

Actually, no.
    You should look at nerfing out of line things, not bringing "underpowered" stuff to OP status, thank you very much.

9. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

This thread is now officially nerf corpse-a-pult and anything zombie related :^). On a serious note,zombies just feel/play like mogas now, only more cancerous

10. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Do you really think shaving 10 off its price would move it from weak to OP? I think it is more likely to move it from weak to playable.

11. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

It has that range because it is stationary, if you made the range 5-7 a monkey would be able to avoid it.

TeaScholar and themacca like this.
  12. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

All right, *stretches fingers*.

My suggestion is based on the fact that several themes have ways to counter summons AND relics, therefore a relic that makes zombies plays a vital role in the Zombie theme. Despite the fact that its numbers are amazing, I believe that it is fine doing what it does, except for its hp which really should be reduced( you didn't quote that).

I suggested a cost reduction on Cannon not because of corpseapult, but because I know that it was overnerfed when its damage got reduced from 15 to 10, while its cost remained at 50 (this kind of nerf is very common in Pox).

Corpseapult( along with corpse pile) is a key relic to zombies as Dimensional doors are for minos - exactly because of its capacity of producing a hindrance to enemies, in a theme that needs to stall its enemies but has few means to do so, other than using their own champions.

So to resume, I think Corpseapult's offensive potential is good enough considering the theme it supports, but I truly believe that it must not be hard to destroy as its range is enough to keep it relatively safe, therefore I support a HP reduction.

Now, you could say you don't agree because making 60 hp worth of champions( and all the rest that has been mentioned) is way too powerful, but then I'd reply that zombies is the theme that gets swarmed the most easily. If a theme being good vs some but horrible vs other themes isn't balance, I don't know what is.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    themacca and potatonuts like this.
  13. Pedeguerra

bleh whatever I dont have the will anymore

14. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Wasn't land cannon nerfed because it was bypassing shrines defenses and creating the ultimate rush fs bgs ? I don't want a relic being able to smack me from 8 spaces for 15 damage again, corpse a pults are annoying but learn to play around them. Both relics have 4 shots and cost 50 nora, leave them be. Solution to avoid getting diseased by the summons from corpse a pult is kill them first, they have 10 hp and can only summon one per turn.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ya both relics cost 50 nora, have 4 shots, except one has a greater range, more hp, and spawns a summon.

#zealotry much?

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  16. Ultima

Doesn't it do flat 10 damage as well?

17. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

go ahead and nerf this thing that I don't run

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fire damage, anti summon, aoe cleanse, anti dot, or a competitive bg.

19. Ultima

A normal response would be something shouldn't be that terrible to change your whole deck to go against one thing-buuut zombies aren't really run so its not that big of a problem. My newly acquired black guards do enjoy the zombie fodder stacking my flags though.

20. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Wtf mate?