How do you lead with font rushers?

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by nico, Jan 23, 2015.

1. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

I open this thread for a little help... so im running a drunken and a paladins bg. i find always ALWAYS defeted by KF font ruhsers, or they took the mid font always before i can reach it, my question its how IS counter that? having less nora, for obvious reasons, and less champs also :S

2. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

First solution, for dwarves, and now that our font bonus tends to favore turtling, i'd try to fin a way to fit a Stalwart Defender. With Shrine defender, it's an effective 7 speed first turn, and becomes pretty beefy inside your font.
    Other ways of dealing with rush are Instill Panic, Blink, Stasis Field.
    When behind on nora/fonts, the best advice is to deploy champions that can threath your opponents via powerturns, side font capping.
    Last advice, learn to retreat from a lost skirmish. Most of the time, its better to be down a font, than to be down a Champion.

nico likes this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

2 things, if you are getting harassed in your own fonts:

1 deploy champs, don't use other runes (other than relic if you need to retreat further)

2 Deploy ranged, unless their champ prohibits it because it will let you attack 0.5-1 turn quicker.

nico likes this.
  4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sometimes you have to know when to give up the font.

Running Statis Field might help you in mid font battles.

5. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

i put on practice some of your advices, sometimes with good results :D , also find the new construct very usefull against 7 speed champs, i find myself running goodstuff now :S something i dont rly like it.... thx you for the advice, i hope this will help new players too

6. nico

nico I need me some PIE!

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's simply because KF champs are too cheap for what they do.

Woffleet likes this.