how does UD not have a way to give champs fire attacks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by calisk, Jul 10, 2017.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

so when I think amp themes I think frost and fire.

obviously we have more now including lightning, poisoin, psychic, and magic but the OG amp themes were frost and fire.

A basic requirement of these decks imo getting the damage type attacks onto other units, as one type damage decks are useless in this meta without the ability to spread damage types.

within the game I can think of multiple ways for units to gain attack frost(or other types) in st....and I get a bit annoyed kf has frostcall quiver but whatever.

regardless I start taking a look through UD and to my surprise the main fire amp factions has no way to give a unit a fire attack? how could such a basic concept not get made before weird leaping runes like boundless enthusiasm?

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Sheoul firebow?

3. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Sheoul Firebow, Sceptor of Onus. Pretty much it. UD has a pretty weak equipment set outside of theme interactions and expect to be disappointed even if things look good on paper. As an aside, KF also has burning oak seed.

Also, a gap closer like BE is a basic concept required for the "melee-themed" faction. Though it doesn't work at all currently.

Andrew Carling and nepyonisdead like this.
  4. calisk

onus is what i ended up using, but some simple mechanic to give a unit a basic fire attack was more what I was looking for, onus is a good alternative but 3 round cd abilities is not exactly what i was hoping for heh.

5. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Probably because its an extremely Ampable attack time as well as abilities granting vuln fire etc

6. MrBadguy

MrBadguy Guest

That never stopped Frost.

7. calisk

exactly how i was going to respond lol

MrBadguy likes this.
  8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Maybe because of everything in UD naturally having higher damage. So the bigger the numbers the more amp scales, so maybe that why they haven't made it easy to give a unit fire damage? No idea though.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Never stopped frost lol

10. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Are we finally admitting that frost amp is bullshit?

11. calisk

Do you think people don't complain about frost?

Regardless frost having the ability to give units frost attacks would not be on anyones list for why it would be broken so spread the love

12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Didn't realise ST had units with 18 damage base. Either what I'm trying to get at flew over your head or that was a joke that I clearly missed.

13. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

No but they do have more options for scaling than UD does.

I get what you are saying but what champions do you think a fire attack would be a problem on? Grimlic with a Firelight Gem seems pretty much as bad as it could get.

Not saying they need it but don't really see why not either. Regardless it's not like every faction has the ability do this, FW can't grant disease attacks and I think most factions are in a similar situation with their 'element'. KF doesn't even have one.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  14. themacca

Kinda whoosh

15. calisk

I honestly could remember which amps do and didn't want to go looking.

I think psychic has the ability in fs to give psychic attacks.

Aside from that i don't really know.

My main opinion on the matter is that frost and fire are the og amp themes and this seems like something basic both themes shoukd have

16. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

You would be mistaken. FS has the ability to give poison attacks via contaminated wreckage. We also have the ability to convert poison to fire via swamp warts (I think that's what its called).

If we could grant psy it would be pretty bonkers with psionic impact, essentially creating a mini The Resistance.

17. themacca

UD also doesnt really need to worry about it either. They have retribution to instakill anything thats too problematic, or calignous cauldron to turn fire into LoL