how much do i have to pay to get a top deck?

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by expertb, Mar 25, 2014.

1. expertb

expertb New Member

hello
    just like the title says . how much do i have to pay to get one of the best decks.

update>>>>>

first of all that you all for replying so fast i am really impressed .

i have played poxnora before , maybe like 6 years ago , and for some reason i remembered it and thought to check it out .

now that i came back i wanted to know what deck i should start with , and how much its going to cost me .

but now i understood that there is no such thing as a best deck , and that its depends on my skill as well as the cards i got .

thank you all for your help

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Can you clarify the range at which you're talking? Like something that in the hands of a skilled player is top 10 worthy or what?

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

That depends on which kind of deck you want to build. Some of them are more reliant on runes that are tougher to get. KTCAOP has a thread titled Rune Pool in the trading forum which will help you get all of the commons, uncommons, and many of the rares. Poxbox.net is a good source for evaluating your trades, and even doing some if you don't want to work the rune trader.

That being said, you'll need to have something to trade. You can buy a box of extended, which will have a lot of the stuff you'll want, or you can buy a box of the current expansion, which will probably have more trade value. After that first box, you can probably get a decent deck together, and over the next month earn enough gold to buy a second box, which would give you more trade stock to build that top tier competition deck. You may be able to pull it off with one box, but you may not have any other decks to play for fun.

It also depends on if you're going to copy another player's deck design, which will guarantee you have a deck that can compete, but not that you'll have the skill to use it.

If you're going to design your own and play test, trade and keep trying different stuff until you find what works for you, that will cost more, but in my mind is worth the experience.

4. TheNidhogg

IMPORTANT: This is just an example
    I can definitely build Top 50 worthy bgs on a budget of around $20. But you asked for the top decks in the game. I would advise you that when you start out, skill is the limiting factor rather than runes.

Here is a deck that is similar to what I have taken to rank 1 multiple times:
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/c2=c2Cqbc5FcLcg8Cf=cjbCpfcinchYcy+c8XS7s2@s4Ks7WS2tS6gsLr3nr2YrUeM

The most expensive things are these:

Legendary:
    Fae Oracle x2
    Enforcer of the Circle
    Queen Anaru
    Thorn Collection x2

Exotic:
    Privateer Captain
    Ranger Elite
    Stellar Horizon

If you went to the popular 3rd party trading site, poxbox.net, and bought:
    Fae Oracle x 2 = $42
    Enforcer of the Circle = $28

You would also get 300k PoxBox credits which you could spend on the other expensive bits

Privateer Captain - 80k
    Stellar Horizon - 50k
    Queen Anaru - 40k
    Ranger Elite - 30k
    = 200k of 300k credits

Now this excluded the Thorn Collections.. which may be tricky to get but you could certainly do it for under 100k each.

So my estimate is for about $80 you could have a deck that has been rank 1 before.

However, you could easily make substitutions and get away with only needing Fae Oracle x2 & Thorn Collection x2 which I estimate you could do for about $50.

5. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

It also depends on the faction as well and what you mean by "top deck" at the moment, there are a few "most powerful decks" but just because you have the decks doesn't guarantee that you will automatically win just by having the deck. By far the most important item here is the skill involved in the game.

However, if you would like, please feel free to post a deck or ask about a certain deck that perhaps others can help you build, and from there, we can look at the best way to trade for and/or obtain the deck you are looking for.

6. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I believe they are still in the Elven Valor theme deck, no? So that's another $20, which will also get you a Bowmage and Queen Anaru.

7. TheNidhogg

Ah well there you go then, thanks.

8. expertb

expertb New Member

first of all that you all for replying so fast i am really impressed .

i have played poxnora before , maybe like 6 years ago , and for some reason i remembered it and thought to check it out .

now that i came back i wanted to know what deck i should start with , and how much its going to cost me .

but now i understood that there is no such thing as a best deck , and that its depends on my skill as well as the cards i got .

thank you all for your help

9. TheNidhogg

If you are looking for ideas on a good deck to start with, go ahead and post some things you used to like to play and I'll help you build a good one on the cheap.

10. expertb

expertb New Member

thank you very much , but the problem is i have forgot what my previous account was ( user name and password ) witch is very sad considering that i remember having 2 lich kings if my memory is correct
    oh and i think a prodigy that blind female archer. anyway thanks for the offer , but i am gonna do this on my own and remember the good old days.

11. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

12. expertb

expertb New Member

thanks

13. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

When you go to migrate from the SOE site, options for Forgot Username and Forgot Password are both available.

As long as you can access the email address you used to sign up, you should be able to recover the account...

14. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

15. TheNidhogg

Right, but that's not what he'd run if he had the choice, which I understood to be the question the OP asked

16. MentalMoles

Actually, the deck posted is very competitive, it will work well enough to get a skilled player into the top 10, the deck contains very efficient runes and a lot of synergy. So it is possible!

17. TheNidhogg

I think you're still missing the point, but ok.

18. MentalMoles

I think I know where you are coming from, I was just trying to make the point that just because a deck is considered good, doesn't mean a deck like the one I posted isn't actually stronger :p

wires crossed wasn't trying to cause an argument

19. Dantezz

Dantezz Member

Don't listen to any of these guys. The answer is $800. And that is only if you want one deck. If you want to mix it up a bit you will need at least $2000. Welcome...

I'm just kidding. All the advice has been great. Just trying to keep it fun!

20. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I don't know if this is too late, but I wouldn't invest a large amount of money in buying champs. the new devs are revamping every champ in the game (ie nerfing them) and there is no guarantee that a top rune now will be a top rune when they are finished. I'd wait a month or two until the revamp is done before dropping a lot of cash on the game.

its interesting than none of the 'veterans' thought to mention this.

Last edited: May 9, 2014