How should you collect runes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by edmek55555, Jan 28, 2017.

1. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

What is generally the best way to collect runes? Currently i have a solid amount of cards for each faction that interest me. However if I forgo other races I could have had my slitherines already for my main ud bg.

Is it generally recommended to try to get all your sought after cards for your main bg before hopping to others? Or is it normally better to get runes between all the different factions?

2. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

I would recommend picking a main faction and 1-2 side interests.

3. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yeah, thats probably a good idea. So far I have been doing a little of everything with a main focus on ud. It might be smarter to narrow it a bit

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I play the daily skirmishes and play 1 normal skirmish per day to accumulate Core Runes / Forge Fodder. This usually nets me 1-2 core exos per week (The runes you earn will be the same as the deck you play). I would recommend focusing on one faction to begin with the first purchase being an Avatar (5000g) which also nets you a Warbanner. Save your gold and only buy Extended Boxes (10 packs) because it guarentees you an Exotic with the odds that you will get a second if not more. Occasionally they have specials for gold like the Holiday Packs that we just recently had. When these are available they are usually great gold value.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  5. OriginalG1

this was documented on forums right, you should post the link. I forgot you did that, it was cool to watch!

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

This is just my routine on my normal account but yeah I will see if I can dig up the thread on the 1000 shard challenge. If I do it again I am going to just start with a blank account and see how far I get. Oddly enough I stopped my 1000 shard run because I "got lonely". People dont pm a random blank account all that often.

Edit: http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?threads/markoths-1000-shard-challenge-log.20937/

Kampel likes this.
  7. OriginalG1

I did not "like" everything, but i thought it was motivational to new/ free players.

8. OriginalG1

you may defend the strong hold but you are good for pox. I wish burn would get over the blue name thing and play again because zeya231 dose speak english. @Dagda where you at, you are still good, I have seen it.

new players need to be inspired again.