How the hell am I supposed to win against FS?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Vaayshan, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

Everytime I play against FS, I lose. The last time I won vs FS was against a uncommon player, where I forgot to cap my first font but still won because he just kept moving his champions forward to the max.

Other than that, I always lose. If I try to turtle they have more range, and even if I go in and kill someone they will just kill everything next turn.

If I rush them, they either have more meat than me with huntmasters or just one-turn my contester with fumes.

I seriously don't know what the hell I should be doing against them. If someone knows any specific strategies or runes against them, I would appreciate it if he would share the knowledge.

2. Latviak

Latviak New Member

When i played FS i remember biggest issue being huge tank champions as they dont have many tools dealing with them like for example UD or FW. To be exact try using Corrupted overlord, votshairs and other "big" stuff. Also they have rather expensive spot shatter so use demon shields but never rely on them. And yeah they are generally squishy. But who am i to learn :) just toughts from my experiences playing FS.

3. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Orb of protection , good positioning

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I watched TinyDragon (FF UD) play several games against GabrielQ (FF FS) last night. Tiny successfully used lots of relocate champions (spellkaiser's...maybe hookfiend (can't remember)) to pull units towards him and then to relocate his heavy beaters close to the pulled unit with a DEP. That's 9-ish spaces of relocate, and so his beaters were reasonably safe for much of the game.

5. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

In those games tiny showed a masterful use of relocate: demon.
    But the point is that, UD has longer threat range once set up, so you have advantage unless rushed. I should have rushed tiny.

6. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

So basically just outplay them :/

Well I don't know what I was expecting from this thread. There is no secret rune that could save you from a better opponent. I guess I was just mad since I lost 3 in a row vs FS yesterday.

7. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

FS usualy utilizes its powerfull spells in small skirmishes to gain board advantage.
    When I play them I try to use my cheaper champs first and outnumber them, that way when they use a spell to kill my champ it doesnt hurt as much.
    It basically comes down to 3-4 of my champs dying to pigmy hippos or drown and than i can go and deafeat them with the rest.
    Big help here is doom with flame syphon and anything that gives free champs, mainly summoner and the bok with imp.

8. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

FS now has lots of beaters, so it's a matter of how lucky you are of not facing an idiot with something that hits like a truck, defends like a wall, and heals like touched by Jesus. Relocate sure helps, specially if you can put up something real nasty frontwards. But if you have got to walk, better try summoning stuff like on acid. Numerical superiority is still one of our most sacred institutions. And pretty much the only one we have got to defend ourselves. And luck, if you need some, try getting a bunny leg at your local tinfoil-hat store.

9. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

FS meta seems to have always had an advantage on UD meta.

However, Spiders own FS meta. Unlike UD meta, spiders are less focused on 80 nora beaters and more focused on swarming the field. Also a poison immune hero doesn't hurt.

Authyrtyr likes this.