How to counter deep elf manslayer + nefari guardian

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daeminicus, Feb 18, 2015.

1. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think deep elf man slayers are insane combined with bodyguard its even worse.

How to counter this?

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Stun, paralyze, enemy champ movement.

3. daeminicus

I main ST we are kinda low on stun and paralyze options, if I can remeber right. champ movement, gale sure, thats one.

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Move bodyguard away from manslayer than kill manslayer.

If you think it's hard with ST, try playing SL.

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. daeminicus

Yeah I figured that much out, still need 5 attacks to kill the thing... Since I cant use spells, thx CA.
    Its not always just "move" I could imagine that SL got a harder time then ST

6. Sealer0

On smaller maps I usually lose against first draw manslayer, especially if the enemy goes first (which seems to be a reocurring issue). Many of the games I play are - withdraw the font rush or lose.

Netherzen likes this.
  7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Is it just the 2 dmg that's going to the BG or the full dmg of the attack?

8. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

ST has swap and gale force.

Generally, you can try and target the BG unit directly. Use champ control on the manslayer, range down the BG unit.

9. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

gale?

not that hard, just save up for an alpha gale it away from it's body guard and pummel it.

10. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

surrender and hope for a non-UD matchup. Should work about 80% of the time.

11. Sealer0

if knockbacked it should take all dmg from knockback, unless combat awareness.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Rapid Attack!

Molosse likes this.
  13. polltroy

So all BGS now must have a rapid attack champ to be able to beat 20% of the BGs out there? Given there are 10 champs with rapid attack in 3 non-udfactions, this kind of limits diversity of BGs quite a bit....

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I didnt say it has to be your answer to the problem at hand. Its just mine.

15. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You can also restrict their movement with cheap meat while you do a run around to destroy their shrine. People seem to forget the goal of the game is to kill your opponent's shrine, not kill so many champs that they surrender.

16. polltroy

Yea, and that strategy you can also apply if they same UD champ cost only 30 nora not 77. You cant avoid the problem that he is OP by saying there are other ways to win by ignoring him. Its all about win chances. You always have a small 5 to win each game, but if one faction gives you always a big advantage, or one champ always gives you a small advantage, then the game is unbalanced and stupid.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

If UD always has a big advantage against your BG, then you're not balancing the build of your BGs well enough. If you really think the game is unbalanced and stupid, then perhaps it is time to find a different game to play.

JellyBerry, Sealer0 and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

manslayer? use dark rising
    gg wp