How to deal with Hurry-Recall-Acidic Gale Combo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sirius, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Atherhog

Atherhog I need me some PIE!

This deck is horrid. All the ideas about counters simply miss the point of how quickly this gets up and running. You can't really pressure them when they are chain casting things like boil, and clearing the board of champs every turn!

2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I mean they say play the game one way, then they allow decks that circumvent gameplay.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  3. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

@Sirius

I see you were playing KF. I would consider running balancing force if I were you. For 25 Nora, most times it's effects are real nice, and it is hardly a missed rune slot. Against FW you can use it and maybe catch a ED or Doom, for example. You can also consider life shield, if you want to stay defensive, but I would go for balancing force since it costs less, meaning more uptime, and it is less situational.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Further evidence that splits are bad for the game. Would this be as oppressive without the ability to split SL and KF?

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Here's a video from two months ago explaining how this whole thing works in great detail.

Using the deck now is abuse of a bug; Nora Pearls had its text changed to say it does not stack, although it still mechanically does. So just keep in mind that, since that change, you can get reported for using this deck in ranked, as it's intentional bug abuse. That's why iPox stopped using the Vampyre/Plants deck: Blood Crest gives Bloodless, so the deck actually relies on a bug. It's understandable to have missed that textual change, though, because the no-stack clause on Nora Pearls doesn't appear on any set of patch notes anywhere.

6. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

I don't see how you could get reported for it, if it was a problem they would reban Infestor, not just overload. And since it is not in a patch, I'm going to assume like many things still in the game it's just poorly written. Untill devs either ban, say its not ok, or fix it, it is perfectly legal.

It is probaly strong enough to warrant a ban, but with overload gone its much harder to pull off and can be countered.

7. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Our game was Firking hilarious!

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The ability text says they should not stack. The abilities currently do stack. Therefore, the interaction is not WAI, and taking advantage of that is abusing a bug. The clause was added within the last two months. Just because something is poorly written does not mean it's WAI, or not bug abuse. When there is a clear contradiction within the text, it is assumed that things are intended to work as-described, not as-functioning. Feel free to start a discussion about whether or not the text should change. If it was WAI, I would have kept using it; I don't care either way whether Link Storm remains a viable deck, I just want the rules of the game to remain consistent and enforced. If those rules allow for strong or broken decks, then have at it! Play away! But respect the rules, and the intent behind them.

@Sokolov , do you want to say that the ability is intended to work as its ability text states?

Tweek516 and Pattn199 like this.
  9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Excuse me sir. I think this dead horse has been flogged enough now. it's starting to seem disrespectful please move on to the next dead horse.

10. doubtofbuddha

How is it disrespectful? Because some people disagree?

11. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

im really just talking about beating up a dead horse here mate. Im sure everyone would agree its disrespectful to beat up anything dead.

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Macca is making little joke.

13. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I haven't completely given up yet. I might still play. However, if I do give up completely, my runes will most likely go to DMr if he agrees and I'll leave the distributing of runes at his discretion (except there will be people who won't get my runes no matter what because I don't like them). Anyway, not to that point yet, but very close.

14. Sirius

I have thought about both Balancing Force and Lifeshield many many times. Aside from facing this deck, there are 2 situations where I might want Balancing Force: I'm facing FW or I'm facing an IS deck with Hammer Strike and self-buff spells. Of those 2, I only think the FW matchup is worth considering the spell for. I mean honestly, can you find uses for it outside of what I just listed? I'd actually love to have a good excuse to try the spell.
    Lifeshield seems even more limited.

15. Sirius

Bad game design is bad for the game. "Hard-counter with specific cards or lose" in a tactical board game is bad design in most cases. This can pop up regardless of splits or FF.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  16. doubtofbuddha

True enough. But hard counter combinations seem to pop more in splits than FF.

17. Leogratz

Leogratz Devotee of the Blood Owl

I've been out of the game for a while now, so, sorry if any of what I will list are not used anymore...

UD: mind slicer boomerang, split personality, superiority.
    FS: bubble, infuse.
    IS: righteous reflection, blink, impervious, sapping beam.
    KF: mirror, the physical resist 3 spell and that spell that gives your champ eater for the first damage taken for some turns.
    SP: vertical push.
    ST: mirror hold, shield.
    FW: ED, doom.

Of all the listed, the strongest scenarios I think off are FW, SP, UD and IS.

Against SP, negating font steals with VP is really strong. The same goes to IS blink/divinity touch. UD superiority is a nice steal, as well as split personality.

Also, by stealing those hidden spells you quite have an advantage against traps set by your opponent.

That is what I still remember. I hope I have helped.

18. R334P3R

R334P3R I need me some PIE!

I got pmed by mod, my deck is officially banned, and they will start cracking down on people using it.

Attached Files:

19. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

"They" lol
    Sorry carry on

20. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Dont worry about it the deck is banned quite rightly so, but you put the wrong title for your thread, it should have been this deck is broken please ban it.