How to fix Voil Guard

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by SaintKiwi, Jul 21, 2014.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

I would like to play voil with dignity. I think removing protect voil from the game would be great. Voil guard should be like Lonx Snowguard and except have Voil Guardian instead: friendly adjacent Voil can't be the target of ranged attacks. What do you think?

2. RoachKing

RoachKing The King of Potatoes

Why not just remove the champ from your bg?

I think another solution would be removing bulwark: voil and fixing the ability so that putting two voil guards together doesn't work.

3. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

bulwark: voil has nothing to do with an unkillable guard.
    but yes, putting two guard adjacent to ea other shudn't induce perma impervious. . . .

4. SaintKiwi

i don't run voil guards. bulwark voil is fine. other factions have bulwark...

5. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

What about changing it so that all (or half) damage to adjacent voil (or within 2 spaces) are redirected to Voil Guard? Feels much more fair.

6. Raileks

Raileks New Member

soo, voil guards got nerfed but in the irony of all things, titan guard is now possible again. Nowhere near as good as what double voil guardians was doing but still annoying enough to make people quit.

7. SaintKiwi

The only good thing about bodyguard is if the guard is next to the titan. You now have a voil that is basically impervious within 5 spaces as opposed to 1.

8. Raileks

Raileks New Member

titanguard makes the voil progenitor, voil guard, and another voil all impervious(to targeted attacks). and if that other voil is also a voil guard, then he can make another unit within 5 spaces impervious as well.

9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

But it cant be dealt with in certain instances. I would say guarded voil or whatever the ability is probably needs to go.

10. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I think that dropping Protect: Voil from Voil Guard was much needed, but I don't think it should be dropped from the game. Having it on the titan makes sense both thematically and balance wise. It's a heap of nora (at least three champs) to get that engine going. Additionally, I think almost all of the titans, SP one included, need a cost hike unrelated to these abilities.

11. Raileks

Raileks New Member

Definately not game breaking. Takes way to much nora and it can be beaten. Its only super effective against noobs. I actually like the change on voil guard.

12. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

I'll usually drop the prog when I want to be defending, and the way he plays works just like I would imagine it would be in real life. I'll usually have like three or four voils out. Ill drop the prog near the shrine then fly all my bats to be adjascent to him so they can be protected and potentially take refuge. This is exactly how I would imagine the bats would act like in real life if this guy showed up to help them.