How to make this game popular

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fyaoyh, Mar 14, 2014.

1. fyaoyh

fyaoyh New Member

Here is an idea: just hire some popular twitchers and let them play a couple of hours a day for several days. Then tens of thousands of gamers will see it and may want to try by themselves. I know that some of our players are streaming, but we need those guys who have much more followers to attract the attention.

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Here's another, translate it to japanese.

Xinde likes this.
  3. fyaoyh

fyaoyh New Member

Maybe, but mine is much cheaper.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Or maybe we can make some NSA FBI and CIA agents play if we discuss our POTATO Cannon.

there, no need to thank me.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    IceNorth and Astamir like this.
  5. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I was wondering why there was a guy behind me snapping a white glove on :(

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

they are much better than the blue ones, I enjoy work slightly more now that we switched to the white examination gloves.

7. Fikule

I noticed it was just the one guy too, and I'm not dead.

I stand by this change in policy... because I can't sit down right now.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

We are looking into options to help spread the word. We also want to make sure Pox presents well to others which means more patches :)

JaceDragon likes this.
  9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

you don't have to translate it into Japanese, just give all the champs big eyes and bad hair.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. fyaoyh

fyaoyh New Member

Yes, more patches and maybe a better tutorial. The current one is OK but there is still some issues. For example, the IS avatar gives an extra AP which is not mentioned in the tutorial. When you introduce each attribute, when it comes to speed, the new player may get confused because they see more AP generated for the IS side. And another example is the black zone of FW which prevents one to cast spell. The tutorial also does not mention and the new player may think it is a bug.

I think when you design the tutorial you have to think as a new player.

11. poxrevenge

poxrevenge The King of Potatoes

contact youtubers with a LOTS of subscribers
    that's how almost all games do to promote :)

when soe launch poxnora on steam in first day was like 1000 players on ( or something like that) ahaha

12. fyaoyh

fyaoyh New Member

Yes I remembered that day clearly, but sadly soe did not keep them. Part of the reason I think is that there still many bugs when they launch it on steam. So it seems harmless that before you do a promote make sure everything can go well. The first experience for a new player is very important.

13. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

Before spread the world about game. We need to wait until all small bugs would be fixed. And I think twitch is awesome idea.

14. Scarebear

Scarebear Devotee of the Blood Owl

Too early for this. Game needs to run smooth or the curious will not stay.

15. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Glad to hear it. When?

16. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

When they are ready.

Monyx likes this.
  17. Lanfear

Lanfear Well-Known Member

I suggested this a while back. I was amazing when i went to blizcon how people worship streamers. I'd never even heard of it b4 then, but they have just amazing amounts of people that have nothing better to do than watch them all hours of the day. Ridiculous really. GO PLAY YOUR OWN GAMES PEOPLE.

18. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Wouldn't it be a plausible idea to just add a big ass "WE ARE CURRENTLY IN BETA" sign, and just start with the smaller advertising straight away?
    Honestly, pretty much everybody who is currently playing realizes that we are basically in a beta-phase here, and I think the opinion of new players would be interesting to improve the game (think about tutorials, starter BGs, F2P-feeling, etc.)
    We can all guess what it might be like as a new player, but we're no new players, so we can never really know.

For now you could give all current accounts a beta-key and do some give aways from time to time.
    Than when most bugs are fixed we could enter open beta.
    It als helps to hype the game (people always want what they can't have, closed beta works pretty well on this regard).
    Though it should be 100% clearly stated on the website as on the client that the game is in Beta at the moment.

Sincerely,

Josh753

19. Fikule

I'd assume they play the games they watch, or there's no point to streamers :p
    I join a lot of betas though. Their main goal seems to be making sure I never buy the actual game.

First impressions mean a lot ^^