How to nerf minotaurs?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by RasielCZ, Apr 8, 2014.

1. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Lets face it, D Door is OP, it is like pre nerf ghern thrower, just better. A possible solution is to make it a 1cd ability on the door itself.
    Main offenders in champ efficiency are Mino Sentry and Flamecrusher.

Sentry could go with something like +5 nora and deployed door would start wit relocate on CD, that would still make it a solid champion, but hopefully it would be no longer broken.

Flamecrusher has just too many good abilites and no weakness.
    For a start i would move flamethrower to upgrades instead of trample and see how it goes from there.

Toughts?

2. only

only Active Member

increase cost on deploy Doors (to 3 from 1) on Mino Sentry and -1 rank of evasive (he would still get that additional rank of evasive on teleport).

teleport could cost 3 ap instead of 2?

3. RasielCZ

i belive the problem is that all your champs can teleport, not the cost of teleport itself and yea, evasive is unnecessary

4. only

only Active Member

I meant evasive for Sentry.

jellebriums can also teleport, but minotaur teleport is 2 ap for 6 spaces? it's like TP3.

5. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I find any theme that can deploy mindlessly (spiders, new skellies, any fs/sp theme, etc) terribly designed.
    Some minos can just get loaded with additional abilities/stats, and with appropriate cost recalc across the whole theme they should be fine.

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed wholeheartly, but that´s a subject for another topic.
    To nerf minos is pretty simple, acctually - reduce the range on the door (instead of 2 spaces, relocate to adjacent space), and make it a one time use per turn. They can still benefit from the evasive it gives, it still relocates every turn, but it greatly reduces draw wins.
    Then nerf Battlemage - Sentry and Crusher are good and all but not nearly as problematic as the first one.

7. RasielCZ

I have to disagree with battlemage being better than sentry or crusher, yes he would take them out 1v1 (maybe not crusher, but who wants to do the math), but is nowhere near as cost effective as they are.

TeaNinja likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

You are probably right, but it doesn´t mean Battlemage should stay as is. That thing has a built in anti antipersev mechanic, jeez.

9. TeaNinja

TeaNinja I need me some PIE!

Holy double-nerf Batman! Adjacent perhaps, but once per turn for an all melee theme? How useless!

10. Pedeguerra

Well, if they are double-OP they deserve a double-nerf by your logic! See, we both can play this game.
    Either way, the thing you are missing is that people dont really run a full mino bg, they have been running it in a module. All you need is Sentry, Flamecrusher and Battlemage, the rest ranged units you sprinkle around.
    Having you thinking it´s "useless" to have such a good form of AP gen every turn is mindblowing, and I shall not argue with you about this due to your clearly lack of knowledge.

11. RasielCZ

I like once per turn. Its the same as dep which shouold be enough, adjakcent only is not a relevant change.

12. TeaNinja

I run full Minotaurss and will not have them gutted because of 2 over-efficient champs (Flamecrusher, Sentry).

You want to nerf the over-efficient ones (which is fair), while also reducing the teleport range by half (probably fair) AND making it so that a Door can only be used once per turn period, rather than each Minotaur can use it once per turn.

13. TeaNinja

Once per turn will destroy competitive minotaurs. Calling it now.

14. only

only Active Member

if limitting TP instances per turn is an option, I suppose it could be that way relic would lose HP everytime Mino teleports.

15. TeaNinja

Not a bad idea. Depending on the HP/HP loss ratio I could get behind it.

16. Pedeguerra

You mad?
    On a more serious note, if you think the amount of AP the doors generate by teleporting EVERY mino EVERY turn is ok, then your bias is really getting to you. Shame.

17. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Insurgent is not over-efficient?

18. TeaNinja

How much AP does being range 5+ save?

All melee theme in a ranged dominated game.

Pox forbid that theme can actually have superb mobility to not get wtfstomped by range.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. RasielCZ

I'm not sure about insurgent, but i believe it is not one of the main offenders, if you think othervise please elaborate.
    Tea, door is very strong for what it does, there are runes that were nerfed for being worse at what door does, namely dwarven catapult and ghern thrower.
    We are discussing it here and not in general chat to come up with something sensible and not a nerf to unplayability to the theme.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  20. Pedeguerra

There are other ways to make the theme work other than giving them such a broken mechanic, I can´t believe you are acctually defending it.
    However, I will point out that out of all the minos:
    1) Battlemage, Flamecrusher and Sentry have ranged attacks;
    2) Culler is ranged;
    3) Flamecrusher and Fury have absorb.
    Also, note that neither of my suggestions removes the ability to grant them Evasive, which really helps the theme against ranged dominance.
    Either way, I proved my point already plenty of times, have a nice day.