How to play poxnora

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rapidice, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

while (not (new_Expansion)) do
    Daily_1 = CheckDaily(1);
    Daily_2 = CheckDaily(2);
    My_BG = DesignBG(Daily_1, Daily_2);
    while (Skirmish_finished<>true) do
    Skirmish_finished = Skirmish.play(My_BG);​
    end
    Gold = CheckGold();
    If (Gold>3510)
    BuyPack();
    OpenPack();​
    end
    wait(24*3600);​
    end

We need more players. PVP is not rewarding at all. PVE is do dailies, see some games, buy packs, repeat.

Do DOG changes go in the right direction? Yes, the revamp was great. Is it enough? No.

JellyBerry, BurnPyro and drathys like this.
  2. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

err:
    if (Gold>31950)
    {
    player.buy(); //buys extended set box.
    player.open();
    }

3. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

yup thats about the extent of it

4. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

You cant just add a "while" (if) clause and not add an "else" one!! >:/

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Depends on the language. TSQL and PowerShell can both have if without else. The initial while loop has End as the alternative clause.

drathys likes this.
  6. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

DOWN WITH MICROSOFT, DEATH TO THE FALSE GODS

drathys, Rapidice and darklord48 like this.
  7. Rapidice

Actually I program a lot in Matlab, which is Fotran based. So, you can have while cycles whitout an else condition. When the condition is not met, the algorithm continues after the "end" line.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Microsoft is the Christianity of software. It may not be universally liked, but there is a lot of money tied up in it, and many blindly follow without thought.

TheBulwark and chickenpox2 like this.
  9. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

You just described Apple perfectly. o_O
    Stupid Apple and all of their stupid proprietary Software. Stupid iTunes. Stupid hipsters.

10. Rapidice

And stupid Iphones whose software isn't customizable. A firend has an Iphone 4S, in each new software patch it becomes slower and slower. But you can't even return to an older O.S. Every new patch is designed so you have to buy a new phone.

11. drathys

drathys I need me some PIE!

i love you guys, only on pox forums... now we just need to improve the game so we can all play again

12. kiblack

kiblack Member

wow, you lot program..

Morfeas likes this.
  13. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Ha nice breakdown. We have both long and short term plans for addressing this. There will be some elements in expansion 25 that will help, but we have larger improvements on the drawing board too. We have not stopped with making improvements to Pox Nora and the overall experience. Stuff like this takes time to do everything that is needed and it is done in phases because there are dependencies on certain things being implemented before other things can be even started.

14. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

Top priority is players, but with the current state of the game, if we get new players, they will just end up quitting just as quick.

I don't know if you guys remember, but we did market before and when we did, the above statement happened. Take the steam release for example. Yah we did get like 1k players on at times, but wtf is the point? they all ended up quitting pox for one reason or another. If you guys don't fix the game before marketing, the same Bane Shift will happen. Also, as a result of the initial steam release, ratings are currently horrible on there i.e. we dug our own grave, and we are desperately trying to climb out. If you guys already know this internally, then disregard me. So far, I think I talked with @Moles extensively about this topic already.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015