How to price legendaries/limiteds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Mar 10, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Yes indeed,

I am in dire need of help to get the pricing done for mainly the legendary runes!

With forgeing in place and legendaries available through boxes I have no idea how to price them. Honestly I hope legendaries would also be forgable but they arent.

So how to price them relative to Exotics? Make a system like the OOS was or?
    Now the max price an exotic can be of the extended set is 100.000 and the lowest is 20.000 (base prices), so how to price legendaries relative to that? All legendaries at least above 100k? or can some be lower? or always much higher? Like 200k? What is honest pricing here (without me being ripped off the first minute legendaries are for trade)

2. only

only Active Member

and what is your plan for exos?

3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Honestly with the way things are right now I think Lamias and similar value legendaries should be around 300k. Maybe even more. Some Legendaries such as Ghern General and other over stock ones can be around 80k+.

4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Can you fix the trader first? Currently price polling returns empty string for one value and it crashes.

As for legs, for 28k gold you are getting 2 exos and 0.5 leg average. Therefore top leg should not cost more than 4x top exo, and low leg should not cost more than 4x low exo.

Morfeas and GoldTiger like this.
  5. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Yup something like this looks good on top of overstock/understock.

6. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

u can get all exo for any other 3.5 exo,
    leg is something else,
    I don't think u can put them in the same level now,
    like u cant before to do it for c/uc/r with exo-leg
    now leg need to stand alone

7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Forge is 400% loss, pb is 15-30% loss. Eventually once all useless runes are recycled, forge would be just a last resort if you need something fast and it's absent in stores, while buying boxes would cover almost all rune emission.

8. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

is still not help what to do with leg

9. yohex

yohex New Member

Specific legendaries from the extended set are going to be much harder to find now since there are 17 expansions the leg can be randomly drawn from when you open a pack (in the rare case that you do actually find one), I think something slightly higher than 4x would be more suitable, around 5 or 6 times the price of a "similar tier" exotic.
    What'll be hard to price really I find are the banners, they're usually auto includes in most FF BGs and they were so cheap beforeā€¦but how will newbie players get them now?

10. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

It's on the discussion table and I would be surprised if they made it impossible for new players to achieve them. We have some stored up in the Rune Pool for the short term that I may be able to give out using tournaments etc., but yeah.

yohex likes this.
  11. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I have a few spare warbanners, take them for the runepool and distribute them in the manner you think best :)

https://poxnora.desertowlgames.com/trader/viewtrade.do?id=3531665

12. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

I noticed there is something missing. You need to separate between core exotics and extended exotics. 20k can't be the lowest in that scenario. As well as 100k the highest.

Core exotic = 1/10 of an Extended exotic when forged. 1/2 when comparing raw forging cost.

No further idea about the Legendary runes, but trading them and getting exotics in return seems like a rip-off, even if the legend is crappy with the current "craft any exo you like, get a random legendary at a small chance in pack."

Exception being for the new expansion exotics, and the theme deck legendaries.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  13. oyo97

oyo97 I need me some PIE!

any eta on when legendaries will be available? i rly need some :))

14. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

Most desirable exo's cap at 100k. Least desirable exo for extended must be 34k at least ( including spells, relics, equips) . Least desirable core set must be 17k at least. Agree with the 4x for legendarie due to .5 on average per box while exo is 2 on average. With 50% in either direction depending on desirability. So range (200-600k). Limited should gravitate around 500k with 50% in either direction (250k - 700k).

Also since legendaries aren't craftable you can make a select few cheaper . Around 50-100k for new players.

So...

For all champs , spells, relics, equips

Undesirable exo (extended set) 34k
    Undesirable exp (core set) 17k
    Legendary (200-500k)
    Limited (250-750k)

IMO...

Also limited should use current OOS model but more common runes (say recolors should be worth 1/4 of an OOS)
    Not sure about legendary... You know best cuz you can check if people have HUGE stockpiles of credit.
    If limited and legendary both have oos. They should be separate oos currency.

Bucha random suggestions , hope any are helpful.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  15. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

Also as for banners... You could make yet another OOS. Each account starts with 1 . And this will be used only to buy banners. The player must then trade a banner in to get stock and find a new one . So in this way price of banners can be lowered for newbies.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

How to price an item depends on your goal or intention. You say here that you are trying to be fair but in the past you've priced for profit pretty far past the point of fair.

So I wonder, based on history, are you really trying to set fair prices or are you querying the masses to see just how much they think the gap could be so you can be sure to be on the top end of that?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I'd say in a very general sense that legendary runes are worth about 10 times what an exo is worth.

So if your price range for exos is 20-100k, I'd say for legs it's 200k-1mil.

That being said, I think your exo range is bloated. I think exos should be around 2500-30k which would put legs 25-300k which seems about right.

And keep in mind is those really rare ones that cost that 300k. They would mostly be around 100-150.

In order to reset your prices you'd have to give everyone time to spend their bank then wipe it. I know the wiping might not be popular, but you're just too inflated to be considered equitable. And you can't let people carry fat wallets into a currency reevaluation.

I also think you need more runes.

Are you able to set up an auction house? If you could, I could bring my own rune, a Sarng Exemplar and put it up on the AH. The currency used to bid on that would be PB points. You'd make a policy that only rare and above can be traded for points only. Otherwise you'd have to keep a certain equity of runes on both sides of the trader.

This would make people trade in good runes to you to get points to bid on the AH.

You would take a cut of the bid on the end as well as have tons of free pricing and preference data from your AH activity.

I think this would help combat the sharks messing with the system because there would be two systems working together and one of those heavily influenced by humans.

Just some rough thoughts.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    BurnPyro, SPiEkY and SaintKiwi like this.
  17. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

I have always wanted an auction house

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'd give these ideas to DOG but we all know it'd fall on deaf ears.

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.
  19. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Just write more good things about what DOG is dong to pox.

BurnPyro, SPiEkY and Baskitkase like this.
  20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Maybe I should bulletize my information to make sure I'm fully understood.

• Good
    • things
    • about
    • what
    • DOG
    • is
    • doing
    • to
    • Pox

BurnPyro and SPiEkY like this.