How to price legendaries/limiteds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by decondor, Mar 10, 2014.

1. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

why is this even brought up again? just a random kiwi troll, it was posted the 10th of march!! not enough poxbox hate threads around or is it because the last one ended up taking a positive stance?

Also saying that exo's should be 2500-30k instead of what I chose is kinda random, you'd probably thought about it as well but what is the difference really? it could also be 327450-12094752, it just semantics. I made out the pricing based of sharding, having a rune type that is not able to be sharded mixed up the system more than I would like, also note that by that time EVERY rune was revamped, hence the price of EVERY rune was reviewed, keeping in mind to have the same average price relative to the buying power as people had before the revamp and somehow fit in the new sharding system. Trust me it wasn't an easy task.

I could indeed make an auction system but want to wait out how sharding legendaries is gonna turn out, but yeah an auction system might be in the planning.

Korahn2610 likes this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Shut up olaf, we're trying to decide if bestiality is worth getting into serial killing.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's representative of where they were before you completely obliterated fair trade with predatory inflation. At the rate you are going, your top runes are going to be worth 10 million in the next couple of years. Dial back the costs, then this time around, ease up inflation. Perception is important, even in economics. I would set an inflation rate and tie it to a cycle, such as each major (60 rune) release, you could also do a depreciation strategy or a combination. You don't want the older, more available stuff to be the same worth as the new stuff, but you also don't want the last releases legendaries be worth 1/10th of the new ones.

This might be difficult to accomplish before there is a larger population. Right now, abusers could probabaly by out any quantity of a single rune unless you made it so that the max out of any rune (aside from cash buy) be 2 per player/acct.

If you set an acceptable margin, whatever that is -say 15% for example, then your goal should not be increasing profits by increasing costs, it should be increasing profits by increasing market interactions. The more people trade in and out, the more you get you 15%. If they feel they can trade in and out 10 times and aren't getting gouged, you'll get you 15% 10 times which is better than doubling prices and losing the customers interest after a couple of purchases.

I see people all the time looking to trade large amounts of runes, practically entire BGs, so they can get a different BG. If they believed they could run all those runes through your shop without losing too much or having what they trade for be worth squat in a month, they'd keep coming back.

But when they can get 10 runes for their 20 this time, then 5 runes for their 10 next time, then 2 runes for their 5 after that, they aren't likely to do the 5 for 10, they take their 10 and try and get 8-9 via the horrible trading market.

4. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Is it also possible to have the pricing list on the front page so we dont have to log in to see it? it takes too many clicks to get there.. (kind of kidding and kind of not kidding)

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

The trader takes longer to load than the front page. It's bad practice to have a large page for a homepage. Especially when it is something like the trader that uses more resources on the server end as well.